|• Total||7.182 km2 (2.773 sq mi)|
|• Density||450/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Coastline||0 kilometres (0 mi)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Theni constituency|
|Sex ratio||.946 ♂/♀|
The nearby villages are Seepalakkottai, Veppampatti, Poomalaikkundu, Azhakapuri, Kallapatti, Erakkottaipatti.
As of 2011[update] latest census, Kamatchipuram has a population of 3253 divided into 886 families. Male population is 1672 and that of female is 1581. Kamatchipuram has an average literacy rate of 80.50 percent, almost same as state average of 80.09 percent, male literacy is 87.33 percent while female is 73.17 percent. The average sex ratio of village is 946 which is lower than state average of 996. In Kamatchipuram, 9.53 percent of the population is under 6 years of age. The village code is 641090.
Out of the total population, 1249 are engaged in work or business activity.96.56 percent of workers describe their work as main work, 143 are cultivators while 420 are agricultural labourers.
- Pachayappa Hindu nadar primary school.
- Patchayappa Hindu Nadar Higher Secondary School.
- Mariyappa Memorial Matriculation School.
- Kamarajar nursery & primary school.
Its economy depends mostly on agriculture, business and trading. Once upon a time it was very famous for cotton trading.
- As its lands are known for chilli cultivation most people from the nearby surrounding villages come purchase them in bulk during harvest season.
- Onion and other food crops are cultivated.
- Banana plantation is one of the major plantations in this village.
- Tobacco cultivation.
Its business depends on near by villages, Compared to other nearby villages it has a good infrastructure and hospitality.
Religious places of Worship
There are many religious places of worship in Kamatchipuram. They include
- Kaliyamman & Mariamman Kovil
- Pillayar Kovil
- Vada Pathra kaliyamman Kovil
- Ayyanar Kovil
- Murugan Kovil
- Roman Catholic Church
- Church of South India
- Odda Kannimar Kovil
- pattalamman kovil
- Justice V. Periyakaruppiah who had his primary and high school education from this village.
- S. Rajendran district educational officer. He is now serving as principal of S.K.A. TTI For women, Aundipatti.
- R. Vayanaperumal, Additional Commissioner (Rtd.) Commercial tax.
- "Kamatchipuram Population - Theni, Tamil Nadu". 2011 Census of India.