Kamdesh District (Kamdeish District, Pashto: کامدېش ولسوالۍ, Persian: ولسوالی کامدیش) is a district of Nuristan Province in eastern Afghanistan, sharing a name with the town of Kamdesh. It was originally in Kunar Province and then was moved to the newly created Nuristan Province in 2001.
Since March 2004, Kamdesh District borders on:
- Bargi Matal District to the north,
- Pakistan to the east,
- Ghaziabad District and Nari District of Kunar Province to the south,
- Waygal District to the southwest, and
- Parun District to the west.
- Battle of Kamdesh, 2009
- "Nuristan Provincial Profile" (PDF). Minister of Rural Rehabilitation and Development. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- Kāmdēsh (Approved) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- "Afghanistan Administrative Divisions" Archived 2010-09-23 at the Wayback Machine map, March 2007, Afghanistan Information Management Services (AIMS)
- "Afghanistan" political map, 1986, United States Central Intelligence Agency
|This Nuristan Province, Afghanistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|