Kamel Hana Gegeo
Kamel Hana Gegeo (? - 18 October 1988) was an Iraqi bodyguard.
Gegeo was the personal bodyguard of the former president of Iraq, Saddam Hussein, and served as his valet and food taster. Gegeo is said to have introduced Saddam to his second wife, Samira Shahbandar, and arranged trysts between them. Saddam's son Uday took this as an insult to his mother, Saddam's first wife.
On 18 October 1988, Gegeo was murdered by Uday Hussein. During a party thrown in honor of Suzanne Mubarak, the wife of President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt, Uday Hussein bludgeoned Gegeo with a club in front of guests, and by some accounts, finally shot him to death, possibly acting on orders from his mother. Mubarak called Uday Hussein a "psychopath".
- Obituary for Uday Saddam Hussein reporting the murder of Gegeo, FOX News(bad link)
- Miller, Judith (July 23, 2003). "After the War:The Quarry; For Brutality, Hussein's sons Exceeded Even Their Father". The New York Times. Retrieved October 31, 2018.
- "Iraqi Refuses to Pardon Son". The New York Times. 27 November 1988.
- "Uday & Qusay Hussein, Saddam's Wacky Sons". The Konformist]. August 2003
- "House of Saddam". BBC2. Retrieved 15 January 2011.
|This Iraqi biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|