Kamel Kaur Hothi
ਕਮਲ ਕੌਰ ਹੋਥੀ
|Education||World Sikh University|
|Employer||Formerly Lloyds Bank|
|Known for||Adviser to several organisations|
|Board member of||City Sikhs, Memusa, The Lions Club, Queen’s Commonwealth Trust Fund|
|Awards||Honorary doctorate, World Sikh University (2011), OBE (2017)|
Kamel Hothi OBE (Punjabi: ਕਮਲ ਹੋਥੀ) (born in 1962 in India) is a British banker and financial adviser.
Hothi has worked at Lloyds Bank since about 1979. Kamel became TSB's first female manager in the South-east and the bank's first Asian manager.  She is ranked in the top 100 most influential black, Asian and minority ethnic leaders in the UK.
She is an advisory board member of the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust Fund setup in 2018 aimed at connecting young leaders who are working hard to change the world.  and a trustee of the Memusi Foundation, a charity that funds education in Kenya and Tanzania. 
Awards and recognition
In the 2017 Birthday Honours, Kamel was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire for services to promoting diversity in banking.   She received an honorary degree in 2011 by the World Sikh University for being the architect behind the Asian strategy across Lloyds Banking Group .
In addition she has received a wide range of awards recognising her professional achievements including:
- Accountancy & Finance award at the British Indian Awards in 2013 
- Ranked the Top 10 Diversity Champion in the UK by the Prime Minister Gordan Brown in 2010 
- Professional Woman of the Year award at the Asian Achievers Awards in 2008 
- Sikh Women in the Community award at the Vaisakhi festival by Mayor of London 2007 
- "Our Lions - The Lions Club". The Lions Club. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "My Way: Kamel Hothi, of Lloyds TSB, lists her tips for success at work". The Independent. 2007-10-04. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "Subscribe to read". Financial Times. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "Success built on family values and trust" (PDF). Lloyds Banking Group.
- "Kamel Hothi, Business & Community Director, Lloyds Banking Groups talking about Business Connectors".
- "Our team | The Queen's Commonwealth Trust". www.queenscommonwealthtrust.org. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "Contact Us | Memusi Foundation". www.memusifoundation.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "Diversity Champion, Dr Kamel Hothi receives an OBE in this year's Queens Birthday honours - Events, Latest, National, Top Stories - The Asian Today Online". The Asian Today Online. 2017-06-19. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "Asians recognised in The Queen's Birthday Honours List 2017 - New Asian Post". www.newasianpost.com. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- News, Manchester Evening (2011-12-20). "Kamel Hothi receives Honorary Doctorate". men. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "Success and achievement honoured at British Indian Awards". Asian Image. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "Kamel Hothi ~ a True Banking Success | DESIblitz". DESIblitz. 2012-04-08. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "UK Asian Achievers Awards announced". Hindustan Times. 2008-12-04. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "Kamel Hothi – Asian Markets Director, Lloyds TSB Group | Punjab2000.com". punjab2000.com. Retrieved 2018-05-15.