Kamen Rider Build
|Kamen Rider Build|
|Created by||Shotaro Ishinomori|
|Written by||Shogo Muto|
|Voices of||Tetsuo Kanao|
|Narrated by||Bucky Koba|
|Opening theme||"Be The One" by PANDORA feat. Beverly|
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of episodes||49 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||24–25 min. (per episode)|
|Original network||TV Asahi|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||September 3, 2017 –|
August 26, 2018
|Preceded by||Kamen Rider Ex-Aid|
|Followed by||Kamen Rider Zi-O|
Kamen Rider Build (仮面ライダービルド Kamen Raidā Birudo) is a Japanese tokusatsu drama in Toei Company's Kamen Rider series. It is the nineteenth series in the Heisei period run and the twenty-eighth series overall. Toei registered the Kamen Rider Build trademark on June 5, 2017. The show premiered on September 3, 2017, following the finale of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, joining Uchu Sentai Kyuranger and later, Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger in the Super Hero Time line-up. Unlike the previous "Heisei Phase 2" series which all takes place in the same universe, Kamen Rider Build takes place in an alternate universe.
Ten years ago, a Martian expedition crew brought a mysterious artifact nicknamed the "Pandora Box" to Earth. The artifact was activated during a national conference which caused a massive catastrophe in the form of a Skywall which split Japan into three regions: Seito in the west, Hokuto in the north, and Touto in the east, with each region holding onto the fragments of the Pandora Box. In the present day, a genius physicist named Sento Kiryū is hired by the government-funded Touto Institute of Advanced Matter Physics in uncovering the Pandora Box's secrets. But Sento, having no memory of his past other than being held captive by the mysterious Night Rogue of the Faust organization, secretly moonlights on the side as Kamen Rider Build to fight the Smash monsters created from victims of Faust's experiments. Aided by cafe owner Sōichi Isurugi and his daughter Misora, who can purify Smash elements, Sento also befriended a framed fugitive named Ryūga Banjō who escaped while being experimented on by Faust and who eventually gained the ability to transform into Kamen Rider Cross-Z.
The two Kamen Riders eventually learn that Night Rogue is none other than Gentoku Himuro, the son of Touto's Prime Minister, Taizan Himuro and that his former ally Blood Stalk is Sōichi, who caused the Skywall disaster and works with industry mogul Jūzaburō Namba in manipulating the nations into declaring a civil war, which in reality is a ploy in order to reassemble the Pandora Box. The revelation worsens when Sento learns he was actually Faust's founding member, Takumi Katsuragi, Sōichi having wiped his memories while altering his face into that of the deceased musician Tarō Satō. Hokuto sends Kazumi Sawatari, a soldier who can transform into Kamen Rider Grease, along with their own army to steal Touto's Pandora Box and fullbottles. Though Sento managed to defeat Kazumi after their nations agreed to settle things in a decisive duel, Seito seized this moment to conquer a defenseless Hokuto. Seito then turns it attention to invade Touto, assisted by an exiled Gentoku who gain the ability to transform into Kamen Rider Rogue, with Kazumi joining Sento's group to liberate Hokuto. But it was during this battle that Sōichi is revealed to be an unwilling host to Evolto, a mysterious extraterrestrial entity responsible for wiping all life on Mars and the true mastermind of all the catastrophes.
After unleashing the true power of a nearly complete Pandora Box, Evolto eventually managed to gain back the Evol Driver and Evol-Trigger to transform into the nigh-omnipotent Kamen Rider Evol. He also revealed that Ryuga is actually a part of himself, transferring himself into Ryuga's body in order to gain even more strength. Evolto also kills Namba and his cohorts after no longer needing them. A repentant Gentoku joins Sento to stop the alien as the latter regained his memory as Takumi and acquires the means to fight a fully corporeal Evolto on equal ground. While Evolto is aided by Namba's former aide Nariaki Utsumi after becoming Kamen Rider Mad Rogue and Takumi's father Shinobu Katsuragi, the alien was unaware that the two are acting against him as Shinobu gives Takumi the means for him and Ryūga to destroy Evolto once for all. With Evolto managing to fully restore the Pandora Box, the final battle for humanity ends with the alien's demise when Sento caused the Pandora Box to assimilate his reality into the "Prime" Kamen Rider world, creating a new world where the Skywall incident and the resulting tragedies never happened. While saddened that none of their friends remembered them and their times together, Sento and Ryūga resolves to start making a new life for themselves in this new reality.
Similar to the previous series, half of each episode's title is an English word, though spelled in katakana instead of English letters, and the other is written in kanji. Also, each episode briefly shows mathematics and/or physics formulas, which forms the episode number.
Original Japanese title
|1||"The Ones Who Were The Best Match"|
Transcription: "Besuto Matchi na Yatsu-ra" (Japanese: ベストマッチな奴ら)
|September 3, 2017|
Transcription: "Mujitsu no Rannawei" (Japanese: 無実のランナウェイ)
|September 10, 2017|
|3||"Borderline of Justice"|
Transcription: "Seigi no Bōdārain" (Japanese: 正義のボーダーライン)
|September 17, 2017|
|4||"The Testimony Will Be Zero"|
Transcription: "Shōgen wa Zero ni Naru" (Japanese: 証言はゼロになる)
|September 24, 2017|
Transcription: "Ayaui Aidentitī" (Japanese: 危ういアイデンティティー)
|October 1, 2017|
|6||"Moonsault of Anger"|
Transcription: "Ikari no Mūnsaruto" (Japanese: 怒りのムーンサルト)
|October 8, 2017|
|7||"The Devil's Scientist"|
Transcription: "Akuma no Saientisuto" (Japanese: 悪魔のサイエンティスト)
|October 15, 2017|
|8||"Memory Starts to Talk"|
Transcription: "Memorī ga Katarihajimeru" (Japanese: メモリーが語りはじめる)
|October 22, 2017|
|9||"The Trap of Project Build"|
Transcription: "Purojekuto Birudo no Wana" (Japanese: プロジェクトビルドの罠)
|October 29, 2017|
|10||"Technology of Destruction"|
Transcription: "Metsubō no Tekunorojī" (Japanese: 滅亡のテクノロジー)
|November 12, 2017|
Transcription: "Moero Doragon" (Japanese: 燃えろドラゴン)
|November 19, 2017|
Transcription: "Inbō no Seorī" (Japanese: 陰謀のセオリー)
|November 26, 2017|
|13||"Who Takes Off the Veil?"|
Transcription: "Bēru o Nugu no wa Dare?" (Japanese: ベールを脱ぐのは誰？)
|December 3, 2017|
|14||"The False Kamen Rider"|
Transcription: "Itsuwari no Kamen Raidā" (Japanese: 偽りの仮面ライダー)
|December 10, 2017|
|15||"Judge Sento Kiryū!"|
Transcription: "Kiryū Sento o Jajji Shiro!" (Japanese: 桐生戦兎をジャッジしろ！)
|December 17, 2017|
|16||"The Weaponry Hero"|
Transcription: "Heiki no Hīro" (Japanese: 兵器のヒーロー)
|December 24, 2017|
|17||"The Outbreak of the Rider Wars"|
Transcription: "Raidā Wōzu Kaisen" (Japanese: ライダーウォーズ開戦)
|January 7, 2018|
|18||"The Golden Soldier"|
Transcription: "Ōgon no Sorujā" (Japanese: 黄金のソルジャー)
|January 14, 2018|
|19||"The Forbidden Item"|
Transcription: "Kindan no Aitemu" (Japanese: 禁断のアイテム)
|January 21, 2018|
Transcription: "Akuma no Torigā" (Japanese: 悪魔のトリガー)
|January 28, 2018|
|21||"The Unstoppable Hazard"|
Transcription: "Hazādo wa Tomaranai" (Japanese: ハザードは止まらない)
|February 4, 2018|
|22||"Victory of Tears"|
Transcription: "Namida no Bikutorī" (Japanese: 涙のビクトリー)
|February 11, 2018|
|23||"The Phantom of the West"|
Transcription: "Nishi no Fantomu" (Japanese: 西のファントム)
|February 18, 2018|
|24||"The Man Called Rogue"|
Transcription: "Rōgu to Yobareta Otoko" (Japanese: ローグと呼ばれた男)
|February 25, 2018|
|25||"The Idol's Awakening"|
Transcription: "Aidoru Kakusei" (Japanese: アイドル覚醒)
|March 4, 2018|
|26||"The Treacherous Deathmatch"|
Transcription: "Uragiri no Desumatchi" (Japanese: 裏切りのデスマッチ)
|March 11, 2018|
|27||"The Counterattack Hero"|
Transcription: "Gyakushū no Hīrō" (Japanese: 逆襲のヒーロー)
|March 18, 2018|
|28||"The Genius Arrives With a Tank"|
Transcription: "Tensai ga Tanku de Yattekuru" (Japanese: 天才がタンクでやってくる)
|March 25, 2018|
|29||"The Opening Bell Rings"|
Transcription: "Kaimaku no Beru ga Naru" (Japanese: 開幕のベルが鳴る)
|April 1, 2018|
|30||"The Truth of the Pandora Box"|
Transcription: "Pandora Bokkusu no Shinjitsu" (Japanese: パンドラボックスの真実)
|April 8, 2018|
|31||"Surge Out, Magma!"|
Transcription: "Hotobashire Maguma!" (Japanese: ほとばしれマグマ！)
|April 15, 2018|
|32||"A Programmed Tragedy"|
Transcription: "Puroguramu Sareta Higeki" (Japanese: プログラムされた悲劇)
|April 22, 2018|
|33||"The Final Weapon: Evol"|
Transcription: "Saishū Heiki Eboru" (Japanese: 最終兵器エボル)
|April 29, 2018|
|34||"The Best Match is Dissolved"|
Transcription: "Hanarebanare no Besuto Matchi" (Japanese: 離れ離れのベストマッチ)
|May 6, 2018|
|35||"The Tower of Destruction"|
Transcription: "Hametsu no Tawā" (Japanese: 破滅のタワー)
|May 13, 2018|
|36||"Evolto Hunts Planets"|
Transcription: "Eboruto wa Hoshi o Karu" (Japanese: エボルトは星を狩る)
|May 20, 2018|
|37||"The Ultimate Phase"|
Transcription: "Kyūkyoku no Fēzu" (Japanese: 究極のフェーズ)
|May 27, 2018|
Transcription: "Maddo na Sekai" (Japanese: マッドな世界)
|June 3, 2018|
|39||"The Unstoppable Genius"|
Transcription: "Jīniasu wa Tomaranai" (Japanese: ジーニアスは止まらない)
|June 10, 2018|
|40||"The Final Revolution"|
Transcription: "Shūmatsu no Reboryūshon" (Japanese: 終末のレボリューション)
|June 17, 2018|
|41||"The Truth of the Best Match"|
Transcription: "Besuto Matchi no Shinjitsu" (Japanese: ベストマッチの真実)
|June 24, 2018|
|42||"Legacy of Doubt"|
Transcription: "Giwaku no Regashī" (Japanese: 疑惑のレガシー)
|July 1, 2018|
Transcription: "Mō Hitori no Birudo" (Japanese: もう一人のビルド)
|July 8, 2018|
|44||"The End of Evolto"|
Transcription: "Eboruto no Saigo" (Japanese: エボルトの最期)
|July 15, 2018|
|45||"The Scientist of Hope"|
Transcription: "Kibō no Saientisuto" (Japanese: 希望のサイエンティスト)
|July 22, 2018|
|46||"An Oath to Be the One"|
Transcription: "Chikai no Bī Za Wan" (Japanese: 誓いのビー・ザ・ワン)
|July 29, 2018|
|47||"Zero Degree Flames"|
Transcription: "Zero-do no Honō" (Japanese: ゼロ度の炎)
|August 12, 2018|
|48||"To a World of Love & Peace"|
Transcription: "Rabu Ando Pīsu no Sekai e" (Japanese: ラブ＆ピースの世界へ)
|August 19, 2018|
|49 (Finale)||"The Tomorrow Build Will Create"|
Transcription: "Birudo ga Tsukuru Ashita" (Japanese: ビルドが創る明日)
|August 26, 2018|
Heisei Generations Final
A Movie War film, titled Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Final: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Rider (仮面ライダー平成ジェネレーションズ FINAL ビルド&エグゼイドwithレジェンドライダー Kamen Raidā Heisei Jenerēshonzu Fainaru Birudo Ando Eguzeido Wizu Rejendo Raidā) was released on December 9, 2017. Aside from the casts of Kamen Rider Build and Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, Shu Watanabe and Ryosuke Miura (Kamen Rider OOO), Sota Fukushi, Shion Tsuchiya and Takushi Tanaka (Kamen Rider Fourze), Gaku Sano (Kamen Rider Gaim), and Shun Nishime and Takayuki Yanagi (Kamen Rider Ghost) return to reprise their respective roles. The musician and writer Kenji Ohtsuki portrayed the main antagonist of the movie, Mogami Kaisei/Kaiser. The events of the movie fit comfortably between episodes 14 and 15.
Be the One
Kamen Rider Build the Movie: Be the One (劇場版 仮面ライダービルド Be The One Gekijōban Kamen Raidā Birudo Bī Za Wan) was released in Japan on August 4, 2018, double billed with the film for Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger. Actors Masanobu Katsumura, Takashi Fujii, and Rena Matsui portrayed the main antagonists of the movie. It also featured a cameo appearance of Build's titular successor, Kamen Rider Zi-O, before his proper debut in his own series. The events of the movie take place between Episodes 45 and 46.
Heisei Generations Forever
A Movie War film, titled Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Forever (仮面ライダー平成ジェネレーションズ FOREVER Kamen Raidā Heisei Jenerēshonzu Fōebā) was released on December 22, 2018, featuring the casts of Kamen Rider Build and Kamen Rider Zi-O along with Kamen Rider Den-O.
- Kamen Rider Build: Birth! KumaTelevi!! Vs. Kamen Rider Grease (仮面ライダービルド 誕生! クマテレビ!! VS仮面ライダーグリス Kamen Raidā Birudo Tanjō! Kuma Terebi!! Bāsasu Kamen Raidā Gurisu) is Televi-Kun's "Hyper Battle DVD" (超（ハイパー）バトルDVD Haipā Batoru Dī Bui Dī). It takes place between Episodes 19 and 20.
- Kamen Rider Build: Raising the Hazard Level With 7 Best Matches (仮面ライダービルド ～ハザードレベルを上げる7つのベストマッチ～ Kamen Raidā Birudo Hazādo Reberu o Ageru Nanatsu no Besuto Matchi) is a web-exclusive series released on Toei's official YouTube channel. It comprises three episodes, but the final episode is exclusive to the DVD. It takes place during Episode 21.
- Rogue is included as part of the Blu-ray releases of Kamen Rider Build. It comprises three episodes and is a side story focusing on Gentoku Himuro. The first episode takes place three years prior to the main series, and the second and final episodes take place after Episode 20.
- Night Rogue Rises
- Dark Night Fall
- Kamen Rider Rogue
- Kamen Rider Prime Rogue (仮面ライダープライムローグ Kamen Raidā Puraimu Rōgu) is Televi-Kun's "Hyper Battle DVD". It takes place between Episodes 41 and 42.
- I Heard the Idol Otaku Is Dating His Fav (ドルヲタ、推しと付き合うってよ Doruota, Oshi to Tsukiautte yo) is a side story of Kazumi Sawatari. It will be released alongside Build New World: Kamen Rider Grease.
Build New World
Build New World (ビルド NEW WORLD Birudo Nyū Wārudo) is a set of two V-Cinema releases that are written by Shogo Muto and serve as spin-offs of characters from the Kamen Rider Build series. The events of the V-Cinemas take place after the end of the main series.
- Kamen Rider Cross-Z (仮面ライダークローズ Kamen Raidā Kurōzu) focuses on a side story of Ryūga Banjō and features a new villainous Kamen Rider named Kamen Rider Killbas (仮面ライダーキルバス Kamen Raidā Kirubasu). The V-Cinema is directed by Kyohei Yamaguchi and will be released on April 24, 2019. The theme song is "CROSS" performed by J-CROWN & TaKu.
- Kamen Rider Grease (仮面ライダーグリス Kamen Raidā Gurisu) focuses on a side story of Kazumi Sawatari. The V-Cinema is directed by Shojiro Nakazawa and will be released on November 27, 2019.
- Kamen Rider: Climax Fighters (仮面ライダー クライマックスファイターズ Kamen Raidā Kuraimakkusu Faitāzu), is the sixth installment of the Kamen Rider: Climax series, was released on December 7, 2017 for PlayStation 4. It's a role-playing fighting game and featuring characters from Kamen Rider Gaim to Kamen Rider Build. It's also the first Kamen Rider game to be localized in South East Asia & Korea regions.
- Kamen Rider City Wars (仮面ライダー シティウォーズ Kamen Raidā Shiti Wōzu) is a mobile City Building game.
- Sento Kiryū (桐生 戦兎 Kiryū Sento): Atsuhiro Inukai (犬飼 貴丈 Inukai Atsuhiro)
- Ryūga Banjō (万丈 龍我 Banjō Ryūga): Eiji Akaso (赤楚 衛二 Akaso Eiji)
- Misora Isurugi (石動 美空 Isurugi Misora): Kaho Takada (高田 夏帆 Takada Kaho)
- Kazumi Sawatari (猿渡 一海 Sawatari Kazumi): Kouhei Takeda (武田 航平 Takeda Kōhei)
- Nariaki Utsumi (内海 成彰 Utsumi Nariaki): Yuki Ochi (越智 友己 Ochi Yūki)
- Taizan Himuro (氷室 泰山 Himuro Taizan): Meikyo Yamada (山田 明郷 Yamada Meikyō)
- Yoshiko Tajimi (多治見 喜子 Tajimi Yoshiko): Ryoko Gi (魏 涼子 Gi Ryōko)
- Masakuni Midō (御堂 正邦 Midō Masakuni): Norimasa Fuke (冨家 規政 Fuke Norimasa)
- Akaba (赤羽): Eishin (栄信)
- Aoba (青羽): Tateto Serizawa (芹澤 興人 Serizawa Tateto)
- Kiba (黄羽): Takuya Yoshimura (吉村 卓也 Yoshimura Takuya)
- Fū Washio (鷲尾 風 Washio Fū): Osamu Adachi (足立 理 Adachi Osamu)
- Rai Washio (鷲尾 雷 Washio Rai): Yuudai Nasuda (奈須田 雄大 Nasuda Yūdai)
- Eita Kawai (河合 栄多 Kawai Eita): Tsukasa Honjo (本庄 司 Honjō Tsukasa)
- Masuzawa (増沢): Taro Nakatani (中谷 太郎 Nakatani Tarō)
- Shinobu Katsuragi (葛城 忍 Katsuragi Shinobu): Zyouzi Kokubo (小久保 丈二 Kokubo Jōji)
- Takumi Katsuragi (葛城 巧 Katsuragi Takumi): Yukiaki Kiyama (木山 廉彬 Kiyama Yukiaki)
- Jūzaburō Namba (難波 重三郎 Nanba Jūzaburō): Akira Hamada (浜田 晃 Hamada Akira)
- Sawa Takigawa (滝川 紗羽 Takigawa Sawa): Yukari Taki (滝 裕可里 Taki Yukari)
- Gentoku Himuro (氷室 幻徳 Himuro Gentoku): Kensei Mikami (水上 剣星 Mikami Kensei)
- Sōichi Isurugi (石動 惣一 Isurugi Sōichi): Yasuyuki Maekawa (前川 泰之 Maekawa Yasuyuki)
- Evolto (エボルト Eboruto, Voice), Evol Driver Voice: Tetsuo Kanao (金尾 哲夫 Kanao Tetsuo)
- Vernage (ベルナージュ Berunāju, Voice): Sora Amamiya (雨宮 天 Amamiya Sora)
- Build Driver and Nebula Steam Gun Voices: Katsuya Kobayashi (小林 克也 Kobayashi Katsuya)
- Sclash Driver, Crocodile Crack Fullbottle, Cross-Z Magma Knuckle, and Great Cross-Z Dragon Voices: Norio Wakamoto (若本 規夫 Wakamoto Norio)
- Narration: Bucky Koba (バッキー木場 Bakkī Koba)
- Kasumi Ogura (小倉 香澄 Ogura Kasumi, 2, 11, 49): Risako Itō (伊藤 梨沙子 Itō Risako)
- Kyōka Katsuragi (葛城 京香 Katsuragi Kyōka, 7, 8): Hiro Komura (古村 比呂 Komura Hiro)
- Opening theme
- "Be The One"
- Lyrics, Composition & Arrangement: Tetsuya Komuro, Daisuke Asakura
- Artist: PANDORA feat. Beverly
- Episodes: 2-11, 13-15, 18-37, 39-48
- Episodes 1, 12, 16, 17, 38, and 49 do not feature the show's opening sequence. This song is used as the ending theme in episodes 1, 12, 38, and 49 and an insert song in episodes 16, 17, and 39.
- Insert themes
- "Ready Go!!"
- Lyrics: Mio Aoyama
- Composition & Arrangement: ats-, Takehito Shimizu, Toru Watanabe
- Artist: ats-, Takehito Shimizu & Toru Watanabe Feat. AXL21
- Episodes: 27, 28
- "Burning My Soul"
- Lyrics: BOUNCEBACK
- Composition & Arrangement: fo(u)r Scream
- Artist: J-CROWN & TaKu from 1 FINGER
- Episodes: 31, 32
- Lyrics: Kyasu Morizuki, Mio Aoyama
- Composition & Arrangement: ats-, Takehito Shimizu, Toru Watanabe
- Artist: ats-, Takehito Shimizu & Toru Watanabe Feat. AXL21
- Episodes: 33
- "Build up"
- Lyrics: Chisato Akita
- Composition & Arrangement: Kikuo Sato
- Artist: Kamen Rider Girls
- Episodes: 40, 41
- "Law of the Victory"
- "Kamen Rider ZI-O Trademark Registered by Toei". Tokusatsu Network. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "仮面ライダービルド @toei_riderBUILD". Twitter. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "仮面ライダービルド". Toei. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "東映株式会社により". Twitter. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- "映画『仮面ライダー平成ジェネレーションズFINAL ビルド＆エグゼイド with レジェンドライダー』 ポスタービジュアル＆追加ゲストキャスト解禁！！". Toei.
- "仮面ライダービルド on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 26 February 2018.
- "仮面ライダービルド on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "映画「仮面ライダービルド」舞台は戦争終結後！勝村政信、藤井隆、松井玲奈が知事役". Natalie. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "『劇場版 仮面ライダービルド Be The One』 『快盗戦隊ルパンレンジャーVS警察戦隊パトレンジャー en film』 本ビジュアル・本予告編映..." Toei. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER Movie Announced". Tokusatsu Network. Retrieved 3 August 2018.
- 東映ビデオ (24 January 2018). "『ROGUE』特報" – via YouTube.
- "『仮面ライダービルド』のスピンオフドラマ「ROGUE」が誕生！ファウスト結成や氷室幻徳の秘密、内海とマスターの謎にも迫る". Dengeki Hobby Web. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- Nelva, Giuseppe (2 September 2017). "PS4 Exclusive Kamen Rider Climax Fighters Announced". DualShockers. Retrieved 15 September 2017.
- Sato (4 September 2017). "Kamen Rider: Climax Fighters Revealed For PlayStation 4, Here's Its First Look - Siliconera". Siliconera. Retrieved 15 September 2017.
- "「仮面ライダー シティウォーズ」PV第一弾". YouTube. 4 August 2017. Retrieved 15 September 2017.
- Rodiles, Salvador G (5 August 2017). "Science and henshin heroes collide in Kamen Rider City Wars". Destructoid. Retrieved 15 September 2017.
- "Kamen Rider Build Cast Revealed at Press Conference". Tokusatsu Network. Retrieved 2 August 2017.