Kamen Rider Super-1 (character)
Kazuya Oki (沖 一也 Oki Kazuya?, portrayed by Shunsuke Takasugi) is a man who lost his parents at young age, leaving him as an orphan under the care of Professor Henry of the International Space Development Program in United States. As one of the International Space Development Program's top scientists to achieve a means to reach planet S-1, wanting to fulfill his father's vision to venture into outer space, Kazuya volunteers himself to undergo the cybernetic surgery that would allow him to endure the harshness of space. After a successful operation, Kazuya is given the code name "Super-1" and undergoes training to get use to his new body. However, as Kazuya trains, Henry is approached by the Dogma Kingdom and decides to hasten Kazuya's training instead of handing the youth to them. By night fall, a group of Dogma Fighters under Gosuke Saruwatari, Fire Kong, laces the research center with explosives while slaughtering the scientists.
Surviving the explosion by unconsciously transforming, having been given an address and the V-Machine prior to the attack, Kazuya makes his way to the Sekishin Temple in the mountains of Japan to learn Kung-Fu under Master Genkai in order to achieve a means to consciously transform. After six months of training, learning his transformation functions on the same principle as the Sekishin Shaolin Fist that he needs to master, Kazuya's training is intensified when news from Genjiro Tani, a friend of Henry's, that Saruwatari is setting up a base in Tokyo is brought to Genkai's attention. Setting up base in Tani's Motorcycle Shop, Kazuya confronts Saruwatari before the two assume their cyborg forms with Super-1 destroying Fire Kong.
At the half of the series, Super-1 finally topples the Dogma Kingdom, only to encounter another evil group called the Jin Dogma. At this point, the series became much more lighthearted, with the introduction of the Junior Riders, who serve as comic relief, and the bizarre Jin Dogma kaijin. Jin Dogma's monsters are based on household objects, such as ladders, basketballs, and refrigerators; reminiscent of obake from Japanese folklore. Ultimately, Kazuya defeats Jin Dogma, allowing Japan to exist in peace. He then finally fulfills his childhood dream and ventures into outer space with the help of a new team of scientists. Returning to Earth, Kazuya would later ally himself with the past Kamen Riders, and along with Kamen Rider V3 and Riderman, would help to convince Ryo Murasame, the 10th Rider Kamen Rider ZX, to join their side.
Kamen Rider Super-1
Designed as the first of special cyborgs suited for space exploration by the International Space Development Program, Kamen Rider Super-1 is also called Super Rider (スーパーライダー Sūpā Raidā?). Originally, Kazuya was unable to transform consciousness until he gains a mindset from his training under Master Genkai. Kazuya also tends to use his Check Machine computer to perform diagnostics on his body. As Super-1, his trademark attack is the Super Whirlwind Kick (スーパー旋風キック Sūpā Senpū Kikku?).
- Super Rider Spark Kick (スーパーライダー閃光キック Sūpā Raidā Senkō Kikku?)
- Super Spark Kick (スーパー閃光キック Sūpā Senkō Kikku?)
- Spark Kick (閃光キック Senkō Kikku?)
- Super Rider Two-step Kick (スーパーライダー二段キック Sūpā Raidā Nidan Kikku?)
- Super Rider Sun Kick (スーパーライダー日輪キック Sūpā Raidā Nichirin Kikku?)
- Super Rider Forward Roll Kick (スーパーライダー前方回転蹴り Sūpā Raidā Zenpō Kaiten Geri?)
- Super Rider Double Kick (スーパーライダーダブルキック Sūpā Raidā Daburu Kikku?)
- Super Rider Moon Somersault Kick (スーパーライダー月面宙返りキック Sūpā Raidā Getsumen Chūgaeri Kikku?)
- Super Rider Moon Surface Kick (スーパーライダー月面キック Sūpā Raidā Getsumen Kikku?)
- Super Rider Whirlwind Kick (スーパーライダー旋風キック Sūpā Raidā Senpū Kikku?)
- Super Rider Plum-blossom Two-step Kick (スーパーライダー梅花二段蹴り Sūpā Raidā Baika Nidan Geri?)
- Super Rider Lightning Drop (スーパーライダー稲妻落とし Sūpā Raidā Inazuma Otoshi?)
- Super Rider Mid-air Kill-Factor Four-step Whirlwind Kick (スーパーライダー空中殺法四段旋風蹴り Sūpā Raidā Kūchū Sappō Yondan Senpū Geri?)
- Super Rider Cross Revolving Kick (スーパーライダー十字回転キック Sūpā Raidā Jūji Kaiten Kikku?)
- Super Rider Whirlwind Two-step Kick (スーパーライダー旋風二段蹴り Sūpā Raidā Senpū Nidan Geri?)
- Super Rider Lightning Whirlwind Kick (スーパーライダー稲妻旋風キック Sūpā Raidā Inazuma Senpū Kikku?)
- Super Rider Lightning Spark Kick (スーパーライダー稲妻閃光キック Sūpā Raidā Inazuma Senkō Kikku?)
- Super Rider Return Three-step Kick (スーパーライダー反転三段キック Sūpā Raidā Hanten Sandan Kikku?)
- Super Rider Horizon Kick (スーパーライダー水平線キック Sūpā Raidā Suiheisen Kikku?)
- Super Rider Sky Continual Kick (スーパーライダー天空連続キック Sūpā Raidā Tekū Renzoku Kikku?)
- Super Rider Two-handed Carotid Artery Strike (スーパーライダー諸手頸動脈打ち Sūpā Raidā Morote Keidōmyaku Uchi?) or Sincere Fist Two-handed Strike (赤心拳諸手打ち Sekishin Ken Morote Uchi?)
- Sincere Shaolin Fist Two-handed Chop (赤心少林拳諸手斬り Sekishin Shōrin Ken Morote Giri?)
- Sincere Shaolin Fist Joining Palms (赤心少林拳合掌 Sekishin Shōrin Ken Gasshō?)
- Super-1 Throw (スーパー1投げ Sūpā Wan Nage?)
The Cyclode (スィアクロード Saikurōdo?) is Kazuya's transformation belt allows him to transform into Super-1.
As Super-1, Kazuya possesses super-powered attachments called the Five Hands (ファイブハンド Faibu Hando?) that are initially designed for space travel.
- The Super Hands (スーパーハンド Sūpā Hando?) is Super-1's default silver gloves, allowing him perform a super punch with 300 tons of force behind it.
- The Elek Hands (エレキハンド Ereki Hando?) is Super-1's blue gloves that channel 300 volts of electricity, intended for self repair purposes. As an weapon, the Elek Hands can shoot Elek Beam (エレキ光線 Ereki Kōsen?).
- The Power Hands (パワーハンド Pawā Hando?) is Super-1's red gloves, giving Super-1 the ability to lift up to 50 tons and perform the Megaton Punch.
- The Radar Hands (レーダーハンド Rēdā Hando?) is Super-1's gold gloves. He can shoot missiles that emit radar waves, allowing him to see anything in 10 kilometer radius from the radar screen on his gloves.
- The Thermal Hands (冷熱ハンド Reinetsu Hando?) is Super-1's green gloves, the left glove fires a cryogenic spray while the right glove is a flamethrower.
The V-Machine (Vマシン Bui Mashin?) is Super-1's first bike which can transform into the more-complex V-Jet (Vジェット Bui Jetto?). This was the first Rider Machine created by American motorcycle manufacturer, Harley-Davidson
The Blue Version (ブルーバージョン Burū Bājon?) is Super-1's second bike which can cover rough terrain better than the V-Machine.