Kamen Rider W
|Kamen Rider W|
|Also known as||Kamen Rider Double|
|Created by||Shotaro Ishinomori|
|Narrated by||Fumihiko Tachiki|
|Theme music composer||Shuhei Naruse|
|Opening theme||"W-B-X ~W-Boiled Extreme~" by Aya Kamiki and TAKUYA|
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of episodes||49 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||24–25 minutes (per episode)|
|Production company(s)||Toei Company|
|Original network||TV Asahi|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||September 6, 2009 –|
August 29, 2010
|Preceded by||Kamen Rider Decade|
|Followed by||Kamen Rider OOO|
Kamen Rider W (仮面ライダー
Advertisements throughout the months of May, June, and July 2009 built up to the debut of Kamen Rider W, who first appeared at the 10th Anniversary Project MASKED RIDER LIVE & SHOW event, and also featured in Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker.
Hiroshi Tanahashi of New Japan Pro Wrestling is a self-admitted fan of Kamen Rider W, in June 2010 made a new costume designed after Kamen Rider Double FangJoker's design and wore it at a match in Osaka on June 19. Rin Asuka also appeared at the match to promote the show.
Production and casting
The series' main writer is Riku Sanjo and the main director is Ryuta Tasaki. The theme song titled "W-B-X ~W-Boiled Extreme~" is performed by Aya Kamiki with former JUDY AND MARY guitarist TAKUYA as the unit "Aya Kamiki w TAKUYA" (上木彩矢 w TAKUYA, Kamiki Aya wizu TAKUYA). The creature designer is Katsuya Terada, previously the character designer for Blood: The Last Vampire, the designer of Monster X for Godzilla: Final Wars, the designer of Cutie Honey's costume for Cutie Honey, and the mechanic and character design refinement for Yatterman.
Newcomer Masaki Suda portrays the mysterious Philip. Drama actor Renn Kiriyama, who made his acting debut as Bunta Marui in Musical Prince of Tennis: Absolute King Rikkai feat. Rokkaku ~ First Service, joins the cast as Shotaro Hidari. Hikaru Yamamoto, who made her acting debut in Watashitachi no Kyōkasho as Chiharu Nobue, portrays the female lead Akiko Narumi. Comedian and actor Takeshi Nadagi portrays Mikio Jinno and veteran actor Minori Terada, known for his leading role in The Human Bullet, portrays Ryubee Sonozaki.
Many people live in peace and harmony in Futo (風都, Fūto, the "Windy City"), an ecologically-minded and wind-powered city. However, this peace is undermined by the Sonozaki Family, who sell mysterious flash drive-like devices called Gaia Memories to criminals and other interested parties. These individuals use the Gaia Memories to become Dopants, committing crimes with the police force powerless to stop them. To make matters worse, the Gaia Memories can cause their users to go insane, to the point where they could die from using the devices unrestrained. After the death of his boss Sokichi Narumi, the self-proclaimed hard-boiled (actually half-boiled) detective Shotaro Hidari works with the mysterious Philip, who possesses a set of purified Gaia Memories, to investigate Dopant-related crimes in Futo. With their Gaia Memories and the Double Driver belts, Shotaro and Philip transform and combine into Kamen Rider Double to fight the Dopant menace and keep Futo safe. While joined in their fight by investigator Ryu Terui, who transforms into Kamen Rider Accel, the mystery of Philip's past, his relation to the Sonozaki Family, and their Museum organization are revealed.
All episodes of Kamen Rider W have two titles: the first indicates a story arc while the second indicates the episode's title. The letter of the Latin alphabet in the story arc title has a double meaning: it represents a major character (Kamen Rider, Dopant, or otherwise) that is featured in the arc and another English word that indicates the theme of the arc.
|#||Title||Double meaning||Writer||Original airdate|
|1||"The W Search/Two Detectives in One"|
Transcription: "W no Kensaku/Tantei wa Futari de Hitori" (Japanese: Ｗの検索／探偵は二人で一人)
|Riku Sanjo||September 6, 2009|
|2||"The W Search/Those Who Make the City Grieve"|
Transcription: "W no Kensaku/Machi o Nakaseru Mono" (Japanese: Ｗの検索／街を泣かせるもの)
|Riku Sanjo||September 13, 2009|
|3||"Don't Touch the M/How to Get to Heaven"|
Transcription: "M ni Te o Dasu na/Tengoku e no Ikikata" (Japanese: Ｍに手を出すな／天国への行き方)
|Riku Sanjo||September 20, 2009|
|4||"Don't Touch the M/Play With a Joker"|
Transcription: "M ni Te o Dasu na/Jōkā de Shōbu" (Japanese: Ｍに手を出すな／ジョーカーで勝負)
|Riku Sanjo||September 27, 2009|
|5||"The Girl... A/Papa Is a Kamen Rider"|
Transcription: "Shōjo... A/Papa wa Kamen Raidā" (Japanese: 少女…Ａ／パパは仮面ライダー)
|Riku Sanjo||October 4, 2009|
|6||"The Girl... A/The Price of Lying"|
Transcription: "Shōjo... A/Uso no Daishō" (Japanese: 少女…Ａ／嘘の代償)
|Riku Sanjo||October 11, 2009|
|7||"Find the C/Philip Can't Stand It"|
Transcription: "C o Sagase/Firippu wa Sore o Gaman Dekinai" (Japanese: Ｃを探せ／フィリップはそれを我慢できない)
|Naruhisa Arakawa||October 18, 2009|
|8||"Find the C/Dancing Hero"|
Transcription: "C o Sagase/Danshingu Hīrō" (Japanese: Ｃを探せ／ダンシングヒーロー)
|Naruhisa Arakawa||October 25, 2009|
|9||"The S Terror/The Maid Detective Witnessed It!"|
Transcription: "S na Senritsu/Meido Tantei wa Mita!" (Japanese: Ｓな戦慄／メイド探偵は見た！)
|Riku Sanjo||November 8, 2009|
|10||"The S Terror/The Great Detective's Daughter"|
Transcription: "S na Senritsu/Meitantei no Musume" (Japanese: Ｓな戦慄/名探偵の娘)
|Riku Sanjo||November 15, 2009|
|11||"The Revenge V/Infected Car"|
Transcription: "Fukushū no V/Kansensha" (Japanese: 復讐のＶ／感染車)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||November 22, 2009|
|12||"The Revenge V/Grudge Beast"|
Transcription: "Fukushū no V/Onnenjū" (Japanese: 復讐のＶ／怨念獣)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||November 29, 2009|
|13||"The Q on the Radio/Targeted Princess"|
Transcription: "Redio de Q/Nerawareta Purinsesu" (Japanese: レディオでＱ／狙われたプリンセス)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||December 6, 2009|
|14||"The Q on the Radio/Live Catastrophe"|
Transcription: "Redio de Q/Namahōsō Daipanikku" (Japanese: レディオでＱ／生放送大パニック)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||December 13, 2009|
|15||"The F Afterglow/Burglary Rider"|
Transcription: "F no Zankō/Gōtō Raidā" (Japanese: Ｆの残光／強盗ライダー)
|Riku Sanjo||December 20, 2009|
|16||"The F Afterglow/Recover Your Partner"|
Transcription: "F no Zankō/Aibō o Torimodose" (Japanese: Ｆの残光／相棒をとりもどせ)
|Riku Sanjo||January 3, 2010|
|17||"Farewell N/Memory Kids"|
Transcription: "Saraba N yo/Memori Kizzu" (Japanese: さらばＮよ／メモリキッズ)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||January 10, 2010|
|18||"Farewell N/The Friend with the Wind"|
Transcription: "Saraba N yo/Tomo wa Kaze to Tomo ni" (Japanese: さらばＮよ／友は風と共に)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||January 17, 2010|
|19||"The I Doesn't Stop/That Guy's Name Is Accel"|
Transcription: "I ga Tomaranai/Yatsu no Na wa Akuseru" (Japanese: Ｉが止まらない／奴の名はアクセル)
|Riku Sanjo||January 24, 2010|
|20||"The I Doesn't Stop/Kamen Rider Style"|
Transcription: "I ga Tomaranai/Kamen Raidā no Ryūgi" (Japanese: Ｉが止まらない／仮面ライダーの流儀)
|Riku Sanjo||January 31, 2010|
|21||"The T Returns/A Melody Not Intended for Women"|
Transcription: "Kaettekita T/Onna ni wa Mukanai Merodi" (Japanese: 還ってきたＴ／女には向かないメロディ)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||February 7, 2010|
|22||"The T Returns/The Man Who Can't Die"|
Transcription: "Kaettekita T/Shinanai Otoko" (Japanese: 還ってきたＴ／死なない男)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||February 14, 2010|
|23||"L on the Lips/Singer-SongRider"|
Transcription: "Kuchibiru ni L o/Shingā Songuraidā" (Japanese: 唇にＬを／シンガーソングライダー)
|Riku Sanjo||February 21, 2010|
|24||"L on the Lips/The Liar Is You"|
Transcription: "Kuchibiru ni L o/Usotsuki wa Omae da" (Japanese: 唇にＬを／嘘つきはおまえだ)
|Riku Sanjo||February 28, 2010|
|25||"The P's Game/The Doll Has Sticky Fingers"|
Transcription: "P no Yūgi/Ningyō wa Tekuse ga Warui" (Japanese: Ｐの遊戯／人形は手癖が悪い)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||March 7, 2010|
|26||"The P's Game/Akiko on the Run"|
Transcription: "P no Yūgi/Akiko On Za Ran" (Japanese: Ｐの遊戯／亜樹子オン・ザ・ラン)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||March 14, 2010|
|27||"The D Was Watching/The Transparent Magical Lady"|
Transcription: "D ga Miteita/Tōmei Majikaru Redi" (Japanese: Ｄが見ていた／透明マジカルレディ)
|Riku Sanjo||March 21, 2010|
|28||"The D Was Watching/Twin Maximum Suicide"|
Transcription: "D ga Miteita/Kesshi no Tsuin Makishimamu" (Japanese: Ｄが見ていた／決死のツインマキシマム)
|Riku Sanjo||March 28, 2010|
|29||"The Nightmarish H/The Melancholy of the Sleeping Princess"|
Transcription: "Akumu na H/Nemuri Hime no Yūutsu" (Japanese: 悪夢なＨ／眠り姫のユウウツ)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||April 4, 2010|
|30||"The Nightmarish H/Who is the Prince?"|
Transcription: "Akumu na H/Ōjisama wa Dare da?" (Japanese: 悪夢なＨ／王子様は誰だ？)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||April 11, 2010|
|31||"The B Carried on the Wind/The Beast Must Be Pursued"|
Transcription: "Kaze ga Yobu B/Yajū Oubeshi" (Japanese: 風が呼ぶＢ／野獣追うべし)
|Riku Sanjo||April 18, 2010|
|32||"The B Carried on the Wind/Now, in the Radiance"|
Transcription: "Kaze ga Yobu B/Ima, Kagayaki no Naka de" (Japanese: 風が呼ぶＢ／今、輝きの中で)
|Riku Sanjo||April 25, 2010|
|33||"Y's Tragedy/The Woman Looking For Yesterday"|
Transcription: "Y no Higeki/Kinō o Sagasu Onna" (Japanese: Ｙの悲劇／きのうを探す女)
|Kazuki Nakashima||May 2, 2010|
|34||"Y's Tragedy/Brother and Sister"|
Transcription: "Y no Higeki/Ani Imōto" (Japanese: Ｙの悲劇／あにいもうと)
|Kazuki Nakashima||May 9, 2010|
|35||"Beyond the R/The Rain Called Monster Approaches"|
Transcription: "R no Kanata ni/Yagate Kaibutsu toiu Na no Ame" (Japanese: Ｒの彼方に／やがて怪物という名の雨)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||May 16, 2010|
|36||"Beyond the R/Surpass Them All"|
Transcription: "R no Kanata ni/Subete o Furikire" (Japanese: Ｒの彼方に／全てを振り切れ)
|Riku Sanjo||May 23, 2010|
|37||"Visitor X/The Bridge of Promises"|
Transcription: "Raihōsha X/Yakusoku no Hashi" (Japanese: 来訪者Ｘ／約束の橋)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||May 30, 2010|
|38||"Visitor X/In the Name of the Museum"|
Transcription: "Raihōsha X/Myūjiamu no Na no Moto ni" (Japanese: 来訪者Ｘ／ミュージアムの名のもとに)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||June 6, 2010|
|39||"The Likelihood of the G/Bad Cinema Paradise"|
Transcription: "G no Kanōsei/Baddo Shinema Paradaisu" (Japanese: Ｇの可能性／バッドシネマパラダイス)
|Riku Sanjo||June 20, 2010|
|40||"The Likelihood of the G/You Are Unforgivable"|
Transcription: "G no Kanōsei/Anata ga Yurusenai" (Japanese: Ｇの可能性／あなたが許せない)
|Riku Sanjo||June 27, 2010|
|41||"The J Labyrinth/The Psychotic Villainess"|
Transcription: "J no Meikyū/Ryōkiteki na Akujo" (Japanese: Ｊの迷宮／猟奇的な悪女)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||July 4, 2010|
|42||"The J Labyrinth/The Diamond Is Hurt"|
Transcription: "J no Meikyū/Daiyamondo wa Kizutsuite" (Japanese: Ｊの迷宮／ダイヤモンドは傷ついて)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||July 11, 2010|
|43||"The O Chain/The Aged Detective"|
Transcription: "O no Rensa/Rōjin Tantei" (Japanese: Ｏの連鎖／老人探偵)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||July 18, 2010|
|44||"The O Chain/Shroud's Confession"|
Transcription: "O no Rensa/Shuraudo no Kokuhaku" (Japanese: Ｏの連鎖／シュラウドの告白)
|Keiichi Hasegawa||July 25, 2010|
|45||"Who the K Needs/The Devil's Tail"|
Transcription: "K ga Motometa Mono/Akuma no Shippo" (Japanese: Ｋが求めたもの／悪魔のしっぽ)
|Riku Sanjo||August 1, 2010|
|46||"Who the K Needs/The Last Supper"|
Transcription: "K ga Motometa Mono/Saigo no Bansan" (Japanese: Ｋがもとめたもの／最後の晩餐)
|Riku Sanjo||August 8, 2010|
|47||"The Abandoned U/A Request From Philip"|
Transcription: "Nokosareta U/Firippu kara no Irai" (Japanese: 残されたＵ／フィリップからの依頼)
|Riku Sanjo||August 15, 2010|
|Finale||"The Abandoned U/Eternal Partners"|
Transcription: "Nokosareta U/Eien no Aibō" (Japanese: 残されたＵ／永遠の相棒)
|Riku Sanjo||August 22, 2010|
|True–Finale||"Goodbye to the E/A Bouquet of Justice to This City"|
Transcription: "E ni Sayonara/Kono Machi ni Seigi no Hanataba o" (Japanese: Ｅにさよなら／この街に正義の花束を)
|Riku Sanjo||August 29, 2010|
Wind Wave Internet radio
To tie into the show, TV Asahi, Toei, and Avex Trax have produced the Wind Wave FM Internet radio station. Only one of the shows, Wakana's Healing Princess (園咲若菜のヒーリングプリンセス, Sonozaki Wakana no Hīringu Purinsesu), also exists within the fiction of Kamen Rider W. The other programs, DJ Hurry Kenn's FU-TO Hit on Groove music show and Tsuyoshi and Ayano's Head Wind: One-Game Match!! (向い風 一本勝負!!, Mukaikaze Ipponshōbu!!) show, treat the television series as fiction, explicitly referring to the songs they play as theme songs (as part of a mail in request, DJ Hurry Kenn played AAA DEN-O form's "Climax Jump", and referred to it as the theme song for Kamen Rider Den-O). All of Double's theme songs have been played as part of the various radio shows, several of which were first heard on the "radio" before being utilized as part of an episode's soundtrack. On March 7, a new radio show featuring Queen & Elizabeth titled Queen & Elizabeth's White Hearts!! (QueenとElizabethの白抜きハートマーク!!, Kuīn to Erisabesu no Shironuki Hātomāku!!) began "airing", but was discontinued a month later. To mirror the current events in the show's story, Healing Princess was cancelled on June 13, 2010.
All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker
Kamen Rider Double, voiced by Kiriyama and Suda, made his debut in Kamen Rider Decade's first film Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker. During the movie, Double arrives to fight Shadow Moon, before heading back to Futo.
Movie War 2010
As part of the Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider W & Decade: Movie War 2010 (仮面ライダー×仮面ライダー Ｗ（ダブル）&ディケイド MOVIE大戦2010, Kamen Raidā × Kamen Raidā Daburu Ando Dikeido Mūbī Taisen Nisenjū) triple feature, W's film Kamen Rider W: Begins Night (劇場版 仮面ライダーＷ（ダブル）～ビギンズナイト～, Kamen Raidā Daburu ~Biginzu Naito~) opened in Japanese theaters on December 12, 2009. The film expands on the origins of Kamen Rider W, featuring guest star Koji Kikkawa as Shotaro's mentor and Akiko's father Sokichi Narumi. The events of the movie took place between episodes 14 and 15.
A to Z/The Gaia Memories of Fate
In addition to the Movie War 2010 films, Double also has a feature film titled Kamen Rider W Forever: A to Z/The Gaia Memories of Fate (仮面ライダーＷ（ダブル） FOREVER AtoZ／運命のガイアメモリ, Kamen Raidā Daburu Fōebā Ē tu Zetto/Unmei no Gaia Memori). Filmed in 3-D, it was released in theaters on August 7, 2010. Mitsuru Matsuoka, lead singer of Sophia served as the film's primary antagonist. It also features the first on-screen appearance of the 12th Heisei Kamen Rider: Kamen Rider OOO. The events of the movie took place between episodes 44 and 45.
Movie War Core
The second Movie War film to primarily feature W, titled Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider OOO & W Featuring Skull: Movie War Core (仮面ライダー×仮面ライダー オーズ&ダブル feat.スカル MOVIE大戦CORE, Kamen Raidā × Kamen Raidā Ōzu Ando Daburu Fīcharingu Sukaru Mūbī Taisen Koa), was released in theatres on December 18, 2010, with the main W section titled Kamen Rider Skull: Message for Double (仮面ライダースカル メッセージforダブル, Kamen Raidā Sukaru: Messēji fō Daburu).
Let's Go Kamen Riders
Kiriyama and Suda made cameo appearances, reprising their roles as Shotaro Hidari and Philip in the 40th anniversary film OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders (オーズ・電王・オールライダー レッツゴー仮面ライダー, Ōzu Den'ō Ōru Raidā Rettsu Gō Kamen Raidā).
Movie War Mega Max
Kiriyama and Suda reprised their roles as Shotaro Hidari and Philip in the 2011 film Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Mega Max (仮面ライダー×仮面ライダー フォーゼ&オーズ MOVIE大戦MEGA MAX, Kamen Raidā × Kamen Raidā Fōze Ando Ōzu Mūbī Taisen Mega Makkusu), released on December 10, 2011. The third out of the 5 parts of this Movie War, Futo: The Conspiracy Advances (風都 暗躍する陰謀, Fūto Anyaku Suru Inbō), took places in Futo and featured Kamen Rider Double continuing his battle against Foundation X.
Kamen Rider Taisen
Heisei Rider vs. Shōwa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai (平成ライダー対昭和ライダー 仮面ライダー大戦 feat.スーパー戦隊, Heisei Raidā Tai Shōwa Raidā Kamen Raidā Taisen Fīcharingu Sūpā Sentai) made its theater debut on March 29, 2014. Masahiro Inoue, playing Kamen Rider Decade, alongside many other lead actors of other series appeared in the film, including Gaku Sano of Kamen Rider Gaim, Renn Kiriyama of Kamen Rider W, Kohei Murakami and Kento Handa of Kamen Rider 555, Shunya Shiraishi from Kamen Rider Wizard, Ryo Hayami of Kamen Rider X, and Hiroshi Fujioka of the original Kamen Rider. The Sentai teams' Ressha Sentai ToQger and Ryo Ryusei as Daigo Kiryu from Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger were also in the movie. Shun Sugata playing Kamen Rider ZX from the Birth of the 10th! Kamen Riders All Together!! TV special returned, also performing as Ambassador Darkness. Itsuji Itao of Kamen Rider The First played Ren Aoi, Kamen Rider Fifteen, a main antagonist of the film.
A port of Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes titled Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes W (仮面ライダー クライマックスヒーローズＷ（ダブル）, Kamen Raidā Kuraimakkusu Hīrōzu Daburu) for the Wii was released on December 3, 2009. It features Kamen Rider Double as a playable character and also features Dopants and other kaijin as characters in the game.
As part of the special features on the DVD releases, a series of short films are included called "Shotaro Hidari Hardboiled Delusion Diary" (左翔太郎ハードボイルド妄想日記, Hidari Shōtarō Hādoboirudo Mōsō Nikki) in which Shotaro daydreams about what life would be like if he, Akiko, or Ryu acted differently. These feature a Dopant from the DVD volume in a completely different role than it had in the series proper. These are then followed by members of the cast discussing their favorite parts of the episodes included in the DVD volume.
- Volume titles
- If Akiko Was Actually an Excellent Secretary (もしも亜樹子が優秀な秘書だったら, Moshimo Akiko ga Yūshū na Hisho dattara)
- If Akiko Was Actually a City Councilwoman (もしも亜樹子が市議会議員だったら, Moshimo Akiko ga Shigikaigiin dattara)
- If Akiko Was Actually a Maid (もしも亜樹子がメイドだったら, Moshimo Akiko ga Meido dattara)
- If Akiko Was Actually a Phantom Thief (もしも亜樹子が怪盗だったら, Moshimo Akiko ga Kaitō dattara)
- If Ryu Was Actually a Private Investigator (もしも竜が探偵だったら, Moshimo Ryū ga Tantei dattara)
- If Akiko Was Actually an Idol (もしも亜樹子がアイドルだったら, Moshimo Akiko ga Aidoru dattara)
- If Akiko Was Actually a Magician (もしも亜樹子がマジシャンだったら, Moshimo Akiko ga Majishan dattara)
- If Akiko Was Actually "Gokutsuma" (もしも亜樹子が【極妻】だったら, Moshimo Akiko ga "Gokutsuma" dattara)
- If Akiko Was Actually a Younger Sister (もしも亜樹子が妹だったら, Moshimo Akiko ga Imōto dattara)
- If Akiko Was Actually a Hit Man (もしも亜樹子が殺し屋だったら, Moshimo Akiko ga Koroshiya dattara)
- If Akiko Was Actually an Old Woman (もしも亜樹子がおばあちゃんだったら, Moshimo Akiko ga Obaachan dattara)
- If Everyone Was Actually Hard-Boiled (もしも誰もがハードボイルドだったら, Moshimo Dare mo ga Hādoboirudo dattara)
At several planetaria throughout Japan, Toei had produced a film called "Kamen Rider: The Fearful Global Warming Plan" (仮面ライダー 恐怖の地球温暖化計画, Kamen Raidā Kyōfu no Chikyū Ondanka Keikaku) to teach children about global warming (with narration by Hirohiko Kakegawa). Shotaro Hidari (portrayed by Kiriyama) and Philip (portrayed by Suda) who transform into Kamen Rider Double, alongside Kamen Rider 1 (voiced by Tetsu Inada), Kamen Rider 2 (voiced by Takahiro Fujimoto), and the ten previous Heisei Riders, fight Shocker led by its President (Hidekatsu Shibata) and Gel-Shocker's Hiruchameleon (voiced by Yasuhiro Takato) who plan on destroying the Earth by having it succumb to global warming. Airings first began at the Fukuoka Science Museum on June 5, 2010, and later at Kagawa Prefecture's Sanuki Kid's Land, Chūō, Tokyo's Time Dome Akashi, the Seki Manabi Center, the Kagoshima Municipal Science Center, the Tondabayashi Subaru Hall, and the Sendai Astronomical Observatory in Aoba-ku, with shows starting later in the year at the Kobe Science Museum in Chūō-ku, Kobe, and the Saitama Municipal Youth's Astronomical Science Museum in Urawa-ku, Saitama.
The Hyper Battle DVD for W is titled Kamen Rider W Hyper Battle DVD: Donburi's α/Farewell Beloved Recipe (仮面ライダーＷ（ダブル） 超バトルDVD 丼のα／さらば愛しのレシピよ, Kamen Raidā Daburu Haipā Batoru Dī Bui Dī Donburi no α/Saraba Itoshi no Reshipi yo). It features a cooking contest between Ryu Terui, Akiko Narumi, and Shotaro Hidari, in order to best figure out what the contents of the Donburi Dopant are, to eventually discover that he is the Oyakodon Dopant. The Hyper Battle DVD features guest stars Hiroshi as the OmuriFu Shop's Master Izo Aida (相田 伊三, Aida Izō), Reina Fujie of AKB48 as his daughter Eriko Aida (相田 エリコ, Aida Eriko), and Shinichiro Ohta of Iron Chef fame as the voice of the Frog Pod who comments throughout the cooking contest (Ōta also served as the narrator in GoGo Sentai Boukenger).
The Kamen Rider W DVD: Gaia Memory Field Guide (仮面ライダーＷ（ダブル） DVD ガイアメモリ大図鑑, Kamen Raidā Daburu Dī Bui Dī Gaia Memori Daizukan) is a DVD packaged with the August 2010 issue of Televi-Kun magazine. The issue also comes with a short book with the information described in the DVD. The DVD is set shortly after the Hyper Battle DVD, and features the content normally found in the Hyper Battle DVD (explaining the powers and weapons of the Kamen Riders), explained as Philip having come down with temporary amnesia after slipping on an egg shell and hitting his head.
Kamen Rider W Returns (仮面ライダーＷ（ダブル） RETURNS, Kamen Raidā Daburu Ritānzu) is a set of two V-Cinema releases that focus on side stories of Ryu Terui as Kamen Rider Accel and Katsumi Daido as Kamen Rider Eternal. Both releases are named after their primary character.
W's S.I.C Hero Saga side story Kamen Rider W: Playback commemorates the 40th anniversary of the Kamen Rider Series with Shotaro Hidari and Philip leading Shotaro Ishinomori through the events following his creation of the television series in 1971. The first episode was published in Hobby Japan, July 2011. Each episode is named after a different story written by Raymond Chandler.
- Red Wind (赤い風, Akai Kaze)
- The Finger Man (指さす男, Yubisasu Otoko)
- Double Indemnity (深夜の告白, Shin'ya no Kokuhaku)
- The Big Sleep (大いなる眠り, Ōinaru Nemuri)
- The High Window (高い窓, Takai Mado)
- The Little Sister (かわいい女, Kawaii Onna)
- The Long Goodbye (長いお別れ, Nagai Owakare)
The One Who Continues After Z
Kamen Rider W ~The One Who Continues After Z~ (仮面ライダーＷ（ダブル） ～Zを継ぐ者～, Kamen Raidā Daburu ~Zetto o Tsugu Mono~), written by Riku Sanjo, is part of a series of spin-off novel adaptions of the Heisei Era Kamen Riders. Phillip takes up Shotaro's job in solving cases after he becomes sick. Phillip uses Kamen Rider Double FangJoker and fights alongside Kamen Rider Accel, however the Dopants get tougher and force Philip to become a Kamen Rider himself: Kamen Rider Cyclone. The novel was released on November 30, 2012. The novel takes place between episodes 32 and 33.
Futo Detectives (風都探偵, Fūto Tantei) is a manga sequel that has been serialized in Big Comic Spirits weekly magazine since August 7, 2017. Riku Sanjo, the main writer for the original series, was in charge of the manga's scripts, Masaki Sato drew the manga, Toei producer Hideaki Tsukada supervised the manga, and Katsuya Terada was credited for creature designs.
- Be Wary of the t (1)/The Man Who Fell in Love With a Witch (tに気をつけろ 1／魔女に恋した男, Tī ni Ki o Tsukero Ichi/Majo ni Koi Shita Otoko)
- Be Wary of the t (2)/His Partner Is the Devil (tに気をつけろ 2／相棒は魔少年, Tī ni Ki o Tsukero Ni/Aibō wa Ma Shōnen)
- Be Wary of the t (3)/The City's Trump Card (tに気をつけろ 3／街の切り札, Tī ni Ki o Tsukero San/Machi no Kirifuda)
- Be Wary of the t (4)/The Half-Boiled's Pride (tに気をつけろ 4／半熟の意地, Tī ni Ki o Tsukero Yon/Hanjuku no Iji)
- Be Wary of the t (5)/The Criminal Is There (tに気をつけろ 5／
犯人はそこにいる, Tī ni Ki o Tsukero Go/Yatsu wa Soko ni Iru)
- Be Wary of the t (6)/The Masked Guardian (tに気をつけろ 6／仮面の守護神, Tī ni Ki o Tsukero Roku/Kamen no Shugoshin)
- Be Wary of the t (7)/The End of the Request (tに気をつけろ 7／依頼の決着, Tī ni Ki o Tsukero Nana/Irai no Ketchaku)
- Be Wary of the t (+α)/The Witch Who Settled in (tに気をつけろ +α／住み着いた魔女, Tī ni Ki o Tsukero Purasu Arufa/Sumitsuita Majo)
- The Worst m (1)/The War Princess's Bodyguard (最悪のm 1／戦姫のボディーガード, Saiaku no Emu Ichi/Senki no Bodīgādo)
- The Worst m (2)/The Buzzing Which Brings Death (最悪のm 2／死を呼ぶ羽音, Saiaku no Emu Ni/Shi o Yobu Haoto)
- The Worst m (3)/The Threat Descended (最悪のm 3／降ってきた脅威, Saiaku no Emu San/Futtekita Kyōi)
- The Worst m (4)/The Betrayer (最悪のm 4／密告者, Saiaku no Emu Yon/Mikkokusha)
- The Worst m (5)/Philip's Conclusion (最悪のm 5／フィリップの結論, Saiaku no Emu Go/Firippu no Ketsuron)
- The Worst m (6)/The White Fangs (最悪のm 6／白い牙, Saiaku no Emu Roku/Shiroi Kiba)
- The Worst m (7)/Game Over (最悪のm 7／ゲームオーバー, Saiaku no Emu Nana/Gēmu Ōbā)
- Where Is the c? (1)/The Cat-Searching Genius (cは何処に 1／猫探しの天才, Shī wa Izuko ni Ichi/Neko Sagashi no Tensai)
- Where Is the c? (2)/The Calling Voice of the Beast (cは何処に 2／獣の呼ぶ声, Shī wa Izuko ni Ni/Kemono no Yobu Koe)
- Where Is the c? (3)/Chao's Place (cは何処に 3／チャオの居場所, Shī wa Izuko ni San/Chao no Ibasho)
- The Closed k (1)/The Good Combination's Disaster (閉ざされたk 1／名コンビ遭難, Tozasareta Kē Ichi/Mei Konbi Sōnan)
- The Closed k (2)/Spending the Masked Nights (閉ざされたk 2／仮面の夜を重ねて, Tozasareta Kē Ni/Kamen no Yoru o Kasanete)
- The Closed k (3)/The Drunken Devil (閉ざされたk 3／泥酔した悪魔, Tozasareta Kē San/Deisui Shita Akuma)
- The Closed k (4)/Serial Murder (閉ざされたk 4／連続殺人, Tozasareta Kē Yon/Renzoku Satsujin)
- The Closed k (5)/Chain of Malice (閉ざされたk 5／連鎖する悪意, Tozasareta Kē Go/Rensa Suru Akui)
- The Closed k (6)/Crimson Reinforcements (閉ざされたk 6／真紅の援軍, Tozasareta Kē Roku/Shinku no Engun)
- The Closed k (7)/The Horrible Truth (閉ざされたk 7／おそるべき真実, Tozasareta Kē Nana/Osorubeki Shinjitsu)
- The Closed k (8)/The Two-in-One Ultimate (閉ざされたk 8／究極は二人で一人, Tozasareta Kē Hachi/Kyūkyoku wa Futari de Hitori)
- The Closed k (9)/Making a Toast With You Someday (閉ざされたk 9／いつの日か君と乾杯を, Tozasareta Kē Kyū/Itsu no Hi ka Kimi to Kanpai o)
- The p Is a Devil (1)/The Wandering Right Arm (pは悪魔だ 1／彷徨う右腕, Pī wa Akuma da Ichi/Samayō Migiude)
- The p Is a Devil (2)/Comrade Gathering (pは悪魔だ 2／仲間たちは集う, Pī wa Akuma da Ni/Nakama-tachi wa Tsudō)
- The p Is a Devil (3)/Secret Maneuvers of the Hand of Evil (pは悪魔だ 3／暗躍する魔手, Pī wa Akuma da San/An'yaku Suru Mashu)
- The p Is a Devil (4)/Mysterious Puzzle (pは悪魔だ 4／不可思議なパズル, Pī wa Akuma da Yon/Fukashigi na Pazuru)
- The p Is a Devil (5)/The Devil's Identity (pは悪魔だ 5／幻惑者の正体, Pī wa Akuma da Go/Genwakusha no Shōtai)
- The p Is a Devil (6)/City of Gods (pは悪魔だ 6／神々の街, Pī wa Akuma da Roku/Kamigami no Machi)
- The p Is a Devil (7)/Evil Hidden in the Darkness (pは悪魔だ 7／闇にひそむ悪意, Pī wa Akuma da Nana/Yami ni Hisomu Akui)
- The p Is a Devil (8)/A Ruthless Trap (pは悪魔だ 8／非情な罠, Pī wa Akuma da Hachi/Hijō na Wana)
- The p Is a Devil (9)/Joker on the Left (pは悪魔だ 9／
切り札は左, Pī wa Akuma da Kyū/Jōkā wa Hidari)
- The p Is a Devil (+α)/The City Is Still Alive (pは悪魔だ +α／それでも街は生きている, Pī wa Akuma da Purasu Arufa/Soredemo Machi wa Ikiteiru)
- The Superman r (1)/The Ultimate Part (超人r 1／究極の部品, Chōjin Āru Ichi/Kyūkyoku no Buhin)
- The Superman r (2)/Passport to the Back Futo (超人r 2／裏風都へのパスポート, Chōjin Āru Ni/Ura Fūto e no Pasupōto)
- The Superman r (3)/The Keeper of the Black City (超人r 3／黒き街の番人, Chōjin Āru San/Kuroki Machi no Ban'nin)
- The Superman r (4)/Evil Heat vs. Superhigh Heat (超人r 4／凶熱 対 超熱, Chōjin Āru Yon/Kyōnetsu Tai Chōnetsu)
- The Superman r (5)/Hell's Army (超人r 5／地獄の軍団, Chōjin Āru Go/Jigoku no Gundan)
- The Superman r (6)/Seeking Anything Relevant (超人r 6／つながりを求めて, Chōjin Āru Roku/Tsunagari o Motomete)
- The Superman r (7)/Escape from the City of Beasts (超人r 7／魔獣都市脱出, Chōjin Āru Nana/Majū Toshi Dasshutsu)
- The Superman r (8)/That Man, Being High Heat (超人r 8／その男、高熱につき, Chōjin Āru Hachi/Sono Otoko, Kōnetsu ni Tsuki)
- The Superman r (9)/Demise, and...... (超人r 9／終焉、そして......, Chōjin Āru Kyū/Shūen, Soshite......)
- The Portrait of the s (1)/The Fool Comes Knocking on the Door Twice (sの肖像 1／馬鹿は二度ドアを叩く, Esu no Shōzō Ichi/Baka wa Nido Doa o Tataku)
- The Portrait of the s (2)/Our City (sの肖像 2／俺たちの街, Esu no Shōzō Ni/Ore-tachi no Machi)
- The Portrait of the s (3)/The Revival of the Skeleton (sの肖像 3／蘇る骸骨, Esu no Shōzō San/Yomigaeru Gaikotsu)
- The Portrait of the s (4)/Begins Night (sの肖像 4／
始まりの夜, Esu no Shōzō Yon/Biginzu Naito)
- The Portrait of the s (5)/The Half-Man's Bitter Regret (sの肖像 5／半人前の痛恨, Esu no Shōzō Go/Han'ninmae no Tsūkon)
- The Portrait of the s (6)/The Devil (sの肖像 6／悪魔野郎, Esu no Shōzō Roku/Akuma Yarō)
- The Portrait of the s (7)/A Man That It Looks Good on (sの肖像 7／似合う男, Esu no Shōzō Nana/Niau Otoko)
- The Portrait of the s (8)/The Birth of W (sの肖像 8／W誕生, Esu no Shōzō Hachi/Daburu Tanjō)
- The Portrait of the s (9)/Worst and Best (sの肖像 9／最悪と最高, Esu no Shōzō Kyū/Saiaku to Saikō)
- Darkness Is the Nest of the o (1)/Do Not Ask Him Questions (闇はoの巣 1／彼に質問をするな, Yami wa Ō no Su Ichi/Kare ni Shitsumon o Suru na)
- Darkness Is the Nest of the o (2)/A Bizarre Blade (闇はoの巣 2／猟奇的な刃, Yami wa Ō no Su Ni/Ryōkiteki na Yaiba)
- Darkness Is the Nest of the o (3)/A Frozen Nightmare (闇はoの巣 3／凍れる悪夢, Yami wa Ō no Su San/Kōreru Akumu)
- Darkness Is the Nest of the o (4)/A Volatile Situation (闇はoの巣 4／一触即発, Yami wa Ō no Su Yon/Isshokusokuhatsu)
- Darkness Is the Nest of the o (5)/An Invisible Slash (闇はoの巣 5／見えざる斬撃, Yami wa Ō no Su Go/Miezaru Zangeki)
- Darkness Is the Nest of the o (6)/Pursue the Murderer (闇はoの巣 6／殺人鬼を追え, Yami wa Ō no Su Roku/Satsujinki o Oe)
- Darkness Is the Nest of the o (7)/Chills That Will Not Go Away (闇はoの巣 7／消せない悪寒, Yami wa Ō no Su Nana/Kesenai Okan)
- Darkness Is the Nest of the o (8)/A Monster Creates a Monster (闇はoの巣 8／怪物は怪物を生む, Yami wa Ō no Su Hachi/Kaibutsu wa Kaibutsu o Umu)
- Darkness Is the Nest of the o (9)/I Will Not Die (闇はoの巣 9／俺は死なない, Yami wa Ō no Su Kyū/Ore wa Shinanai)
- Darkness Is the Nest of the o (10)/Next Footsteps of Darkness (闇はoの巣 10／さらなる闇の足音, Yami wa Ō no Su Jū/Saranaru Yami no Ashioto)
- The b and friends' Tresure (1)/The Sunset Thief (bたちの宝物 1／夕陽泥棒, Bī-tachi no Takaramono Ichi/Yūhi Dorobō)
- The b and friends' Tresure (2)/The Bayside Individuals Who Never Change (bたちの宝物 2／ベイサイドの懲りない面々, Bī-tachi no Takaramono Ni/Beisaido no Korinai Menmen)
- The b and friends' Tresure (3)/A Phantom Appears (bたちの宝物 3／幽鬼出現, Bī-tachi no Takaramono San/Yūki Shutsugen)
- The b and friends' Tresure (4)/Upset (bたちの宝物 4／動揺, Bī-tachi no Takaramono Yon/Dōyō)
- The b and friends' Tresure (5)/The Bonds of the Haunt of Outcasts (bたちの宝物 5／ふきだまりの絆, Bī-tachi no Takaramono Go/Fukidamari no Kizuna)
- The b and friends' Tresure (6)/Angry Trash (bたちの宝物 6／怒れる廃棄品, Bī-tachi no Takaramono Roku/Ikareru Haikihin)
- The b and friends' Tresure (7)/Taint vs. Radiance (bたちの宝物 7／汚れvs.輝き, Bī-tachi no Takaramono Nana/Kegare Bāsasu Kagayaki)
- The b and friends' Tresure (8)/The Incineration of Sins (bたちの宝物 8／罪の焼却, Bī-tachi no Takaramono Hachi/Tsumi no Shōkyaku)
- The b and friends' Tresure (9)/The Reason Why We Are Here (bたちの宝物 9／ぼくらがここにいる理由, Bī-tachi no Takaramono Kyū/Boku-ra ga Koko ni Iru Riyū)
- Thanks to the f (1)/The Symbol of Futo (fに感謝を 1／風都のシンボル, Efu ni Kansha o Ichi/Fūto no Shinboru)
- Thanks to the f (2)/Suit Actor Tokime (fに感謝を 2／スーツアクターときめ, Efu ni Kansha o Ni/Sūtsu Akutā Tokime)
- Shotaro Hidari (左 翔太郎, Hidari Shōtarō): Renn Kiriyama (桐山 漣, Kiriyama Ren)
- Philip (フィリップ, Firippu): Masaki Suda (菅田 将暉, Suda Masaki)
- Akiko Narumi (鳴海 亜樹子, Narumi Akiko): Hikaru Yamamoto (山本 ひかる, Yamamoto Hikaru)
- Ryu Terui (照井 竜, Terui Ryū): Minehiro Kinomoto (木ノ本 嶺浩, Kinomoto Minehiro)
- Mikio Jinno (刃野 幹夫, Jinno Mikio): Takeshi Nadagi (なだぎ 武, Nadagi Takeshi)
- Shun Makura (真倉 俊, Makura Shun): Shingo Nakagawa (中川 真吾, Nakagawa Shingo)
- Watcherman (ウォッチャマン, Wotchaman): Nasubi (なすび)
- Santa-chan (サンタちゃん, Santachan): Zennosuke Fukkin (腹筋 善之介, Fukkin Zennosuke)
- Queen (クイーン, Kuīn): Tomomi Itano (板野 友美, Itano Tomomi, AKB48)
- Elizabeth (エリザベス, Erizabesu): Tomomi Kasai (河西 智美, Kasai Tomomi, AKB48)
- Ryubee Sonozaki (園咲 琉兵衛, Sonozaki Ryūbee): Minori Terada (寺田 農, Terada Minori)
- Saeko Sonozaki (園咲 冴子, Sonozaki Saeko): Ami Namai (生井 亜実, Namai Ami)
- Wakana Sonozaki (園咲 若菜, Sonozaki Wakana): Rin Asuka (飛鳥 凛, Asuka Rin)
- Kirihiko Sudo/Sonozaki (須藤／園咲 霧彦, Sudō/Sonozaki Kirihiko): Yuki Kimisawa (君沢 ユウキ, Kimisawa Yūki)
- Shinkuro Isaka (井坂 深紅郎, Isaka Shinkurō): Tomoyuki Dan (檀 臣幸, Dan Tomoyuki)
- Jun Kazu (加頭 順, Kazu Jun): Gong Teyu (コン・テユ, Kon Teyu)
- Smilodon Dopant (スミロドン・ドーパント, Sumirodon Dōpanto, Voice): Yasuhiro Takato (高戸 靖広, Takato Yasuhiro)
- Shroud (シュラウド, Shuraudo, Voice): Naoko Kouda (幸田 直子, Kōda Naoko)
- Narration, Gaia Memory Voice: Fumihiko Tachiki (立木 文彦, Tachiki Fumihiko)
- Marina Tsumura (津村 真里奈, Tsumura Marina, 1, 2): Meibi Yamanouchi (山内 明日, Yamanouchi Meibi)
- Taizo Kaga (加賀 泰造, Kaga Taizō, 3, 4): Tatsuya Gashuin (我修院 達也, Gashūin Tatsuya)
- Chizuru Hoshino (星野 千鶴, Hoshino Chizuru, 7, 8): Reina Fujii (藤井 玲奈, Fujii Reina)
- Dango Inamoto (稲本 弾吾, Inamoto Dango, 7, 8): Win Morisaki (森崎 ウィン, Morisaki Win)
- Ikari (伊刈, 7, 8): Jin Katagiri (片桐 仁, Katagiri Jin)
- Teacher (7, 8): Hiroshi Watari (渡 洋史, Watari Hiroshi)
- Mai Asakawa (浅川 麻衣, Asakawa Mai, 9, 10, 14): Eri Otoguro (乙黒 えり, Otoguro Eri)
- Kurosu (黒須, 11, 12): KOJI
- Young girl (12): Hikari Kajiwara (梶原 ひかり, Kajiwara Hikari)
- Motoko Saeki (佐伯 素子, Saeki Motoko, 13, 14): Shion Nakamaru (中丸 シオン, Nakamaru Shion)
- Kenji Kurata (倉田 剣児, Kurata Kenji, 15, 16): Koichiro Nishi (西 興一朗, Nishi Kōichirō)
- Makiko Katahira (片平 真紀子, Katahira Makiko, 19, 20): Itsumi Osawa (大沢 逸美, Ōsawa Itsumi)
- Aya Kujo (九条 綾, Kujō Aya, 21, 22): Ayumi Kinoshita (木下 あゆ美, Kinoshita Ayumi)
- Ken Akutsu (阿久津 憲, Akutsu Ken, 21): Hiroo Otaka (大高 洋夫, Ōtaka Hiroo)
- Aya Kamiki (上木 彩矢, Kamiki Aya, 23, 24)
- TAKUYA (23, 24)
- Ichirouta Oonuki (大貫 一朗太, Ōnuki Ichirōta, 23, 24): Ichirou Mizuki (水木 一郎, Mizuki Ichirō)
- DJ Hurry Kenn (Voice; 23, 24)
- Lily Shirogane (リリィ白銀, Riryi Shirogane, 27, 28): Nao Nagasawa (長澤 奈央, Nagasawa Nao)
- Himeka Yukimura (雪村 姫香, Yukimura Himeka, 29, 30): Natsuko Asō (麻生 夏子, Asō Natsuko)
- Kyūzō of the Turret (櫓の久蔵, Yagura no Kyūzō, 29): Seizō Fukumoto (福本 清三, Fukumoto Seizō)
- Sokichi Narumi (鳴海 荘吉, Narumi Sōkichi, 31): Koji Kikkawa (吉川 晃司, Kikkawa Kōji, Photograph)
- Yukie Sudo (須藤 雪絵, Sudō Yukie, 33, 34): Kaoru Hirata (平田 薫, Hirata Kaoru)
- Ai Nijimura (虹村 あい, Nijimura Ai, 39, 40): Erika Yazawa (谷澤 恵里香, Yazawa Erika)
- Toru Kawai (川相 透, Kawai Tōru, 39, 40): Naoki Kawano (川野 直輝, Kawano Naoki)
- Kyoko Todoroki (轟 響子, Todoroki Kyōko, 45, 46): Yuka Hirata (平田 裕香, Hirata Yuka)
- Neon Ulsland (ネオン・ウルスランド, Neon Urusurando, 47, 48): Maria Theresa Gow (マリア・テレサ・ガウ, Maria Teresa Gau)
- Opening theme
- "[[W-B-X (W-Boiled Extreme)</ref></ref>"
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition: Shuhei Naruse
- Arrangement: TAKUYA, Shuhei Naruse
- Artist: Aya Kamiki w TAKUYA (上木彩矢 w TAKUYA, Kamiki Aya w TAKUYA)
- Read as "Double-B-X ~Double Boiled Extreme~", the song is written by Fujibayashi and Naruse, who have contributed to the production of the highest peaking Heisei Kamen Rider Series theme songs "Climax Jump" (#2), "Break the Chain" (#3), and "Journey through the Decade" (#2) on the Oricon charts, performed by Kamiki and TAKUYA and was released on November 11, 2009. In its first week of release, it peaked at #8 on the Oricon Weekly Charts.
- Episodes 28 and 49 used the song as the ending theme.
- Insert themes
- "Cyclone Effect"
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition: AYANO (of FULL AHEAD)
- Arrangement: Labor Day
- Artist: Labor Day
- Episodes: 3-6, 9, 21, 23, 24, 25, 45
- The first of the Kamen Rider Double ending themes "Cyclone Effect" was released on November 25, 2009, on a maxi single. While the song is intended to be the theme for Kamen Rider Double CycloneJoker, the song is also played during other forms' fight scenes. The vocalist is Sunaho Takeuchi (竹内 沙帆, Takeuchi Sunaho) of Utayacco with AYANO of FULL AHEAD on guitar.
- "Free your Heat"
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition & Arrangement: Ryo (of defspiral)
- Artist: Galveston 19
- Episodes: 10, 11, 13, 19, 20, 21
- This theme for Kamen Rider Double HeatMetal was first played on the Wind Wave radio show. It later entered circulation as one of the three ending themes, released on CD on December 16, 2009. The band is composed of the members of the band everset, with Tsuyoshi Himura (緋村 剛, Himura Tsuyoshi) on vocals, tatsuo on guitar, and Tenji Nagano (長野 典二, Nagano Tenji) on bass.
- "Finger on the Trigger"
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi & Otoko Usagi
- Composition & Arrangement: Junichi "IGAO" Igarashi
- Artist: Florida Keys
- Episodes: 7, 8, 14, 16, 18, 23, 30, 39
- This theme for Kamen Rider Double LunaTrigger was featured briefly on the Wind Wave internet radio shows shortly before premiering in the series. This song was released on CD on December 16, 2009. The band is composed of members of the band Shamo (軍鶏), featuring vocals by Yosh and U-Sagi with IGAO on keyboard.
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition & Arrangement: Shuhei Naruse
- Artist: Wakana Sonozaki (Rin Asuka)
- Episodes: 13, 14, 17
- Wakana Sonozaki (Rin Asuka) also has her own single titled "Naturally" that debuted during her talk show. It was later featured in the television series during a story arc that focused on her (Shotaro and Philip, as fans of her show, know all the lyrics and the accompanying dance). "Naturally" was released on CD on January 27, 2010.
- "Leave all Behind"
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition: Ryo (of defspiral)
- Arrangement: Wilma-Sidr
- Artist: Wilma-Sidr
- Episodes: 22, 44
- This new song premiered on the FU-TO HIT on GROOVE show which marked the day of Kamen Rider Accel's appearance in the series. In episode 22, it is first used as Kamen Rider Accel's ending theme. It was released on CD on April 28, 2010. The members of Wilma-Sidr are the current line up of defspiral, previously known as Transtic Nerve and the Underneath.
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition & Arrangement: Shuhei Naruse
- Artist: Queen & Elizabeth (Tomomi Itano & Tomomi Kasai)
- Episodes: 23, 24
- As part of their involvement in the Kamen Rider Double production, Tomomi Itano and Tomomi Kasai of AKB48 released the song "Love♡Wars" on March 31, 2010, as four different CDs, three of which contain DVDs with a music video, trading cards, and a special bonus track. The fourth is a CD-only release without the bonus track(s) available on the other three discs. The song debuted in the show during episodes 23 & 24 in which their characters Queen & Elizabeth are performing in a competition akin to Pop Idol to get a major release. In its first week of release it sold over 21,000 copies, reaching #4 on the Oricon Weekly Rankings.
- "Nobody's Perfect"
- Lyrics: Gorō Matsui
- Composition: Sokichi Narumi (Koji Kikkawa)
- Arrangement: Hiroaki Sugawara
- Artist: Sokichi Narumi (Koji Kikkawa)
- Episodes: 32, 38, 41, 42 & Movie War Core
- Koji Kikkawa recorded "Nobody's Perfect" as Kamen Rider Skull's theme song. A single (as a CD single and a CD+DVD version) was released on June 30, 2010. Although it is not used as an ending theme, the song is featured in several episodes and was used as the instrumental theme for the final episode preview. The song's music video, directed by Ryuta Tasaki, tells a side story with Philip finding a book entitled "Nobody's Perfect". He views a number of flashbacks involving Sokichi Narumi and his past as Kamen Rider Skull, taking on a case with Shotaro.
- "Extreme Dream"
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition: AYANO (of FULL AHEAD)
- Arrangement: Labor Day
- Artist: Labor Day
- Episodes: 46, 48
- "Cyclone Effect (acoustic edit.)"
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition: AYANO (of FULL AHEAD)
- Arrangement: Labor Day
- Artist: Labor Day
- Episodes: 48
- This variation of "Cyclone Effect" is first heard in the background of episode 21. The song is later used as the ending theme for episode 48.
During the events of episode 8, the song "Glorious Street (Eikō no Michi)" (Glorious street 〜栄光の道〜) by Florida Keys was played within the show by a character. During episodes 23 and 24, the character Jimmy Nakata performed an original song titled "Futo Tower" (風都タワー, Fūto Tawā); this song was included as a bonus track on the standard DVD release version of the "Love♡Wars" single. During episode 23, Shotaro and Philip cover "Finger on the Trigger" in the Fuuuuuutic Idol contest. In addition to these songs, Head Wind One-Game Match!! DJs Tsuyoshi & Ayano (つよしとあやの, Tsuyoshi to Ayano) have written and performed the song "WIND WAVE" as a theme song for the fictional radio station. This song, as well as "Glorious Street (Eikō no Michi)", and "Extreme Dream" have been included in the complete CD box set.
The bands that perform the series' ending themes are also featured in the programs as being local bands in the fictional city of Futo: crossover rock band Labor Day's "Cyclone Effect", heavy metal/hard rock band Galveston 19's "Free Your Heat", and hip-hop group Florida Keys' "Finger on the Trigger". Each of these bands is named after a major early 20th century hurricane: the 1935 Labor Day hurricane, the 1900 Galveston hurricane, and the 1919 Florida Keys hurricane. The newest group, the visual kei band Wilma-Sidr, is named after Hurricane Wilma and Cyclone Sidr.
Episode 295-A of Sgt. Frog titled "Keroro, The Two of Us are One Kerororm" (ケロロ 二人が一人ケロロ〜ム! であります, Keroro Futari ga Hitori Kerorōmu! de Arimasu) features the members of the Keroro Platoon finding an artifact that allows two of them to combine into a single Keroro, each with new powers. The episode title is based on Kamen Rider W's catchphrase and the resultant transformation resembles that of Kamen Rider Double (the characters appear to be split down the middle, with one side being, for example, Keroro and the other Tamama).
- Uchuusen No. 125
- Kamen Rider Fourze, Episode 1: Youthful Transformation, Aired September 4, 2011
- Telebikun August 2009
- "10th Anniversary ProjectMASKED RIDER LIVE & SHOW～十年祭～｜テレビ朝日｜仮面ライダーディケイド". Retrieved 2009-06-10.
- "2010年06月25日 | 棚橋選手が雑誌『De☆View 8月号』に登場！ なんと"若菜姫"こと飛鳥凛さんに"筋力トレーニング"をレクチャー!! | 新日本プロレスオフィシャルWEBサイト -NEWS-". June 25, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "新日本プロレスオフィシャルWEBサイト -試合結果-". Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "桐山漣と菅田将暉が合体で仮面ライダーＷ - 芸能ニュース : nikkansports.com". Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "新イケメンライダーはジャニーズ系美男子でW主演！ - 東京ウォーカー". Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "新・仮面ライダーは"2人で1人"の「仮面ライダーW」 ニュース-ORICON STYLE-". 2009-06-29. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "仮面ライダーダブル introduction｜東映［テレビ］". Retrieved 2009-06-30.
- "仮面ライダー×仮面ライダー W＆ディケイドMOVIE大戦２０１０ | 東映［映画］". Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- "吉川晃司が変身！前代未聞のドクロライダー（芸能） ― スポニチ Sponichi Annex ニュース". 2009-10-05. Archived from the original on 2009-10-06. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- "「アバター」に続け、国産３Ｄ映画への挑戦、ノウハウ手探り－アニメニュース Japanimate.com". 2010-04-24. Archived from the original on 2010-04-26. Retrieved 2010-04-24.
- "劇場版 仮面ライダーW／天装戦隊ゴセイジャー THE MOVIE | 東映［映画］". Retrieved 2010-05-05.
- "CINEMA GINSEI /シネマハーヴェストウォーク". September 5, 2010. Retrieved September 5, 2010.
- "平成ライダー対昭和ライダー 仮面ライダー大戦 feat.スーパー戦隊（仮）". Superhero-movie.com. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
- "新春白金キャンパスアーティストファイ部犯罪被害者支援チャリティ音楽祭。, Recorded on 2014/01/10今年初の白金キャンパスアーティストファイ部。1月4日の東京芸術劇場のチャリティ支援音楽祭は超素晴らしかった、涙出たよ！そして今月19日に行われる、みえ犯罪被害者総合支援センターの「犯罪被害者支". Ustream.tv. Archived from the original on 2014-01-16. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- "藤岡弘、38年ぶりに仮面ライダー1号に変身！ - シネマトゥデイ". Cinematoday.jp. 2014-01-17. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- "最新情報". Ameblo.jp. 2014-02-09. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- Weekly Famitsu, October 8, 2009
- "プラネタリウム番組情報「仮面ライダー 恐怖の地球温暖化計画」｜株式会社五藤光学研究所". Archived from the original on 2011-07-04. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- "Kamen Rider W Tokusatsu Show Gets Sequel Project". Anime News Network. 2017-06-28. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- "Kamen Rider W Sequel Project is Manga by Riku Sanjo, Masaki Satou". Anime News Network. 2017-07-03. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- "二人で一人の"彼ら"の新しい物語。その名も『風都探偵』 週刊ビッグコミックスピリッツで８月連載スタート！" (in Japanese). Toei Company. 2017-07-03. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- "菅田 将暉". Archived from the original on 2009-06-27. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "コン・テユ 公式ブログ ★パイナップル畑で待ち合わせ★: 仮面ライダーＷ". 2010-05-23. Archived from the original on 2010-05-26. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- "その名もっ！-平田裕香の日記". 2010-07-01. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- "情報解禁！！！｜★GOWISH★マリア・テレサ・ガウOfficial blogPowered by Ameba". 2010-08-02. Retrieved 2010-08-07.
- "仮面ライダーＷ（ダブル） 第8話 「Ｃを探せ／ダンシングヒーロー」｜東映［テレビ］". 2009-10-18. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- "久しぶりの良い天気：若菜のヒーリングプリンセス｜Windwave". 2009-11-15. Archived from the original on 2009-11-19. Retrieved 2009-11-16.
- "風都のイカしたバンドを‥...：FU-TO HIT on GROOVE｜Windwave". Archived from the original on 2010-01-27. Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- "仮面ライダーダブル". Archived from the original on 2010-01-24. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- "最強アイドルと最強ヒーローがコラボ - livedoor ニュース". 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- "仮面ライダーＷ：板野友美＆河西智美のユニット「Ｑ＆Ｅ」が４位 オリコンシングルランキング - MANTANWEB（まんたんウェブ）". 2010-04-06. Archived from the original on 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2010-04-06.
- "吉川晃司 : 吉川晃司、 仮面ライダーを見ている子供たちに「路上で真似しちゃダメだよ」 / BARKS ニュース". 2010-05-22. Archived from the original on 2010-05-25. Retrieved 2010-06-22.
- "きっといつかは...：FU-TO HIT on GROOVE｜Windwave". 2010-06-13. Archived from the original on 2010-06-21. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
- "大反響！！：FU-TO HIT on GROOVE｜Windwave". 2010-06-20. Archived from the original on 2010-06-24. Retrieved 2010-06-20.
- "あと何回？？：FU-TO HIT on GROOVE｜Windwave". 2010-08-08. Archived from the original on 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "仮面ライダーW". Retrieved 2010-08-13.