Kamil Mitoń (2013)
|Full name||Kamil Mitoń|
April 12, 1984 |
|FIDE rating||2618 (May 2017)|
|Peak rating||2655 (January 2007)|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kamil Mitoń.|
He won the tournaments 2000 in Cannes/France and 2005 in Bajade de la Virgen (ahead of Kolev, Damljanovic, Fridman, Krivoshey, Spassov, Avrukh and others). In 2005 he tied for first with Magesh Chandran Panchanathan in the 33rd World Open, played in Philadelphia over the Independence Day weekend. In the same year he tied for 2nd–5th with Lazaro Bruzon, Zhang Pengxiang and Artyom Timofeev in the Samba Cup in Skanderborg. In December 2007, he came first in the 17th Magistral de Elgoibar tournament. In 2010 he tied for 1st–6th with Lázaro Bruzón, Bojan Kurajica, Yuri Gonzalez Vidal, Evgeny Gleizerov and Bartłomiej Heberla in the 4th Torneo Internacional de Ajedrez Ciudad de La Laguna and won the event on tie-break. In 2011, he tied for 1st–6th with Ivan Sokolov, Vladimir Baklan, Yuriy Kuzubov, Jon Ludvig Hammer and Illya Nyzhnyk in the MP Reykjavík Open.
In 2008 he played in the chess Olympiad in Dresden scoring 4 points in 8 games on the second board. In September 2010 he played for the Polish team at the Olympiad in Khanty-Mansiysk scoring 7.5 points out of 10 games.
- "Live 8 and chess in Philadelphia". ChessBase. 2005-07-06. Retrieved 21 May 2010.
- Crowther, Mark (2005-10-24). "TWIC 572: 2nd Samba Cup". London Chess Center. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
- Crowther, Mark (2007-12-17). "THE WEEK IN CHESS 684: 17th Magistral de Elgoibar". London Chess Center. Retrieved 13 May 2010.
- "Torneo Internacional de Ajedrez Ciudad de La Laguna". Chessdom.com. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- "Reykjavík Open – six players win with 7.0-9 points". ChessBase. 2011-03-17. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- "39th Olympiad Khanty-Mansiysk 2010 Open tournament". Chess-Results.com. 2010-09-10. Retrieved 17 March 2011.