Kamimine town hall
Location of Kamimine in Saga Prefecture
|• Total||12.79 km2 (4.94 sq mi)|
(March 1, 2017)
|• Density||750/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
|• Flower||Scarlet Sage|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (JST)|
|City hall address||383-1 Ōaza Bōsho, Kamimine-chō, Miyaki-gun, Saga-ken|
Kamimine is located in the eastern part of Saga Prefecture about 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) east of central Saga, the capital city. It is also about 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) west of Kurume, a major city in Fukuoka Prefecture. There is a lot of flat land in Kamimine as the town area consists largely of the Saga Plains. However, the northern part of town contains Mt. Chinzei.
- April 1, 1889 – The modern municipal system is established. The villages of Bōsho, Emukai, Maemuta and Tsutsumi merge to form Kamimine.
- November 1, 1989 – Kamimine gains town status.
- Kamimine Junior High School (上峰中学校)
- Kamimine Elementary School (上峰小学校)
- Kamimine Kindergarten (上峰幼稚園)
- Expressways: The Nagasaki Expressway runs through Kamimine, but there are no interchanges within the town borders. The closest interchange is the Higashisefuri Interchange in neighboring Yoshinogari.
- National highways: Route 34
- Main prefectural roads: Kitashigeyasu-Mitagawa Route 22