(Redirected from Kaminokuni, Hokkaidō)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Center of Kaminokuni-chō
Location of Kaminokuni in Hokkaido (Hiyama Subprefecture)
|Prefecture||Hokkaido (Hiyama Subprefecture)|
|• Mayor||Nomoru Kudo|
|• Total||547.58 km2 (211.42 sq mi)|
|Population (September 30, 2016)|
|• Density||9.4/km2 (24/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|City hall address||100 Odomari, Kaminokuni, Hiyama District, Hokkaido
Strongman Takeda Nobuhiro (1431-1494), progenitor of the Kakizaki (later Matsumae) house, established a fort (tate) in Kaminokuni leading to the settlement of the area by other Wajin merchants and fishermen.
- 1879: The village of Kaminokuni was founded.
- 1902: Kaminokuni Village was merged with neighboring villages to form the new village of Kaminokuni.
- 1967: Kaminokuni Village became Kaminokuni Town.
- High school
- Hokkaido Kaminokuni High School
- Junior high school
- Kaminokuni Junior High School
- Elementary school
- Kaminokuni Elementary School
- Kahoku Elementary School
- Takisawa Elementary School
Notable people from Kaminokuni
- Tatsuhiko Takimoto, author
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|