Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Center of Kaminokuni-chō
|Prefecture||Hokkaido (Hiyama Subprefecture)|
|• Mayor||Nomoru Kudo|
|• Total||547.58 km2 (211.42 sq mi)|
(September 30, 2016)
|• Density||9.4/km2 (24/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (JST)|
|City hall address||100 Odomari, Kaminokuni, Hiyama District, Hokkaido|
Strongman Takeda Nobuhiro (1431-1494), progenitor of the Kakizaki (later Matsumae) house, established a fort (tate) in Kaminokuni leading to the settlement of the area by other Wajin merchants and fishermen.
- 1879: The village of Kaminokuni was founded.
- 1902: Kaminokuni Village was merged with neighboring villages to form the new village of Kaminokuni.
- 1967: Kaminokuni Village became Kaminokuni Town.
- High school
- Junior high school
- Kaminokuni Junior High School (上ノ国中学校)
- Elementary school
- Kaminokuni Elementary School (上ノ国小学校)
- Kahoku Elementary School (河北小学校)
- Takisawa Elementary School (滝沢小学校)
Notable people from Kaminokuni
- Tatsuhiko Takimoto, author
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|