Kamishly Airport (Arabic: مطار القامشلي) (IATA: KAC, ICAO: OSKL) is an airport serving Al-Qamishli (also known as Kamishli or Al-Qamishli), a city in northeastern Syria.
The airport resides at an elevation of 1,480 feet (451 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 03/21 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,615 by 46 metres (11,860 ft × 151 ft).
Airlines and destinations
During Syrian Civil War
On 21 January 2016, Russia′s activity presumably aimed at setting up a new military base in the government-controlled and mainly abandoned airport was first reported.
- ^ a b c Airport information for OSKL from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- ^ Airport information for KAC at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- ^ Fisk, Robert. "What does Isis look like from the air? I buckled up my seat belt and found out." The Independent. November 9, 2014.
- ^ "Russians survey new airbase on Syria-Turkey border, US officials concerned". Fox News Channel. 21 January 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- ^ "Россия и США синхронно создают новые авиабазы на севере Сирии". NEWSru. 23 January 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- ^ "U.S. officials: Russia looking at Syria airfield near Turkey". CNN. 22 January 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2016.