Kamloops Transit System
|Service type||bus service, paratransit|
Kamloops Transit operates the public bus transit system in the City of Kamloops in south central British Columbia, Canada. The system consists of 18 regularly scheduled routes, one Sunday route, several school specials and handyDART customized service for those with a disability. Funding is provided through a partnership between the City of Kamloops and BC Transit, the provincial agency which plans and manages municipal transit systems. Operations are contracted out to FirstCanada ULC. The transit system began development in 1975 after the Province of British Columbia began offering subsidies to help operate local transit systems in local communities.
The Kamloops Transit System primarily serves the city centre and immediate surroundings, though bus services are provided to Rayleigh and Heffley Creek, 13km and 20km distant from the city centre respectively. Transit connections to the Clearwater Transit System to Vinsulla, McLure, Barriere, Darfield, Little Fort, Blackpool, Clearwater, and Vavenby are offered twice weekly.
BC Transit Health Connections
Kamloops is part of the Health Connections network operated by BC Transit. These are intercity connections geared towards those in smaller communities needing access to larger health facilities, though all members of the public are welcome to use them if space is available. These services operate infrequently. Communities connected by these services directly to Kamloops are as follow:
- Cache Creek
- Fountain Flats
- Logan Lake
- Salmon Arm
- Spences Bridge
- Transit History of British Columbia Communities
- City of Kamloops: Kamloops Transit
- Kelly, Brian; Francis, Daniel (1990). Transit in BritishColumbia: The First Hundred Years. Madeira Park, BC: Harbour Publishing Limited. p. 148. ISBN 1-55017-021-X.
- "Rider's Guide". Kamloops Transit System. BC Transit. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- "Route 10: Valley Connector". Clearwater Regional Transit System. BC Transit. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- "Health Connections". Kamloops Transit System. BC Transit. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
|This article about transport in British Columbia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to bus transport in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|