|Elevation||1,892 m (6,207 ft)|
|Region||Black Rock Desert|
|District||Pershing County /
|Topo map||USGS Sulphur|
The Kamma Mountains are a mountain range in Pershing County and Humboldt County, Nevada. The ghost town and railroad siding at Sulphur, Nevada is on the west side of the Kamma Mountains at the eastern edge of the Black Rock Desert playa.
The Kamma Mountains are the site of Nevada's Sulphur Mining District. Allied Nevada Gold Corporation operates the Hycroft Gold Mine, a strip mine in the Kamma Mountains. Allied Nevada re-opened the mine in 2008 after acquiring it from Vista Gold Corporation.
- "Kamma Mountains". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- "Sulphur Mining District". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Technical Report – Vista Gold Corp: Hycroft Mine, Winnemucca, Nevada, USA" (PDF). Vista Gold Corporation. 2006-01-25. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-03-09. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- Allied Nevada Gold Corporation (2009-05-15). "Hycroft Mine Technical Report" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- Kamma Mountains at mountainzone.com
|This Nevada state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|