August 28, 1984 |
|Listed height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Listed weight||175 lb (79 kg)|
|High school||North Community
|NBA draft||2007 / Undrafted|
|2009–2010||STB Le Havre|
|2011||Guerreros de Bogotá|
|2012–2013||Neckar RIESEN Ludwigsburg|
|2013–2014||Maine Red Claws|
|2015||Gigantes de Guayana|
|2016||Saint John Riptide|
|Career highlights and awards|
Kammron Taylor (born August 28, 1984) is an American professional basketball player who last played for the Saint John Riptide of the National Basketball League of Canada. He played college basketball for the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Taylor played basketball with his older brother, Kerek, in their garage in the backyard of their home in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Their father, Kenneth, kept the garage pitch black so the brothers would learn to dribble without seeing the ball. He attended North Community High School where he played basketball, football and tennis.
Taylor was an honorable mention all-conference pick as a junior with the Wisconsin Badgers, when he averaged 14.2 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game. After struggling late in the season, he improved his diet and entered his senior year more muscular.
In his senior season, he was named to the All-Big Ten second team and the Big Ten All-Tournament team. In 36 games, he averaged 13.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.
After going undrafted in the 2007 NBA draft, Taylor joined the Minnesota Timberwolves for the 2007 NBA Summer League. He later signed with CB L'Hospitalet of the Spanish LEB Oro for the 2007–08 season.
On November 1, 2010, he was selected by the Iowa Energy in the 3rd round of the 2010 NBA D-League draft. On November 17, 2010, he was waived by the Energy. In January 2011, he signed with Keravnos of Cyprus for the rest of the 2010–11 season. He later left Keravnos after 2 games and joined Guerreros de Bogotá for the 2011 Baloncesto Profesional Colombiano season.
In July 2012, he re-joined the Minnesota Timberwolves for the 2012 NBA Summer League. In August 2012, he signed with Neckar RIESEN Ludwigsburg of the German Basketball Bundesliga. On January 21, 2013, he was released.
On September 30, 2013, he signed with the Boston Celtics. However, he was later waived by the Celtics on October 26, 2013. On October 31, 2013, he was acquired by the Maine Red Claws as an affiliate player. On January 4, 2014, he was waived by the Red Claws due to a season-ending knee injury.
In January 2015, he joined the Gigantes de Guayana of the Venezuelan Liga Profesional de Baloncesto. He left the team in late April, and in 28 games, he averaged 11.8 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game.
- King, Jay (24 October 2013). "Boston Celtics roster trimmed with reported cuts of Damen Bell-Holter, Kammron Taylor". MassLive.com. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Home Court Helps Badger Guard Come of Age". NYTimes.com. January 9, 2007. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- "Badgers' Taylor built to last". JSOnline.com. November 7, 2006. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- "Kammron Taylor Stats". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- "Kammron Taylor: Turkish Basketball League Player". TBLstat.net. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- "Le Havre signs Kammron Taylor". Sportando.com. July 30, 2009. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- Kammron Taylor signs for Szolnoki
- "Primer importado de Panteras de Miranda arribará mañana al país". ElUniversal.com (in Spanish). January 10, 2012. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "DniproAzot tabs Kammron Taylor". Sportando.com. February 10, 2012. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- "Neckar Riesen Ludwigsburg tab Taylor and Bernard". Sportando.com. August 4, 2012. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- "Neckar Riesen Ludwigsburg waive David Weaver, Kammron Taylor". Sportando.com. January 21, 2013. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- Celtics Finalize Training Camp Roster
- Celtics Waive Four
- Maine Red Claws Announce First 11 Players Invited to Training Camp Archived 2015-03-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- Maine Red Claws Activate Romero Osby, Waive Taylor Due to Injury
- "Gigantes de Guayana anuncia primera avanzada de importados". rnv.gob.ve (in Spanish). January 2, 2015. Retrieved March 12, 2015.
- Kammron TAYLOR | Season 2014/2015
- Riptide Sign Former Celtic