Kamna hails from Muzaffarnagar (UP) and did part of her schooling from MKP College, Dehradun, after which she did her bachelor's degree from Allahabad University, and was then married to business executive Navin Chandra She is the mother of author Vikram Chandra, film critic Anupama Chopra and film director Tanuja Chandra.
|Year||Movie Name||Credited For|
|1984||Trishna (TV series)||Screenplay|
|1994||1942: A Love Story||Story & Dialogues|
|1998||Kareeb||Story & Dialogues|
|2017||Qarib Qarib Singlle||Story & Dialogues|
- Hungama, Bollywood. "Women in Yash Chopra's films | Latest Movie Features - Bollywood Hungama". www.bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "How 1942 A Love Story was made". Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Friends and neighbours". Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Rediff On The Net, Movies: Writer, director, likely star". www.rediff.com. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "'रेडियो पर सुना आजादी का ऐलान तो झूम उठे थे हम'- Amarujala" (in Hindi). Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Kamna & Navin Chandra". shaaditimes. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Tanuja Chandra's film is stuck". Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Kamna Chandra". IMDb. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- Parkar, Hamida (16 December 2017). "Kamna Chandra: The writer who made Raj Kapoor give life to her story in Prem Rog". Cinemaspotter. Retrieved 15 November 2018.