Kamov

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kamov
Joint stock company
Industry Aerospace
Founded 1929; 89 years ago (1929)
Founder Nikolai Il'yich Kamov
Headquarters Lyubertsy, Russia
Products Military aircraft
Parent Russian Helicopters
Website kamov.ru

Kamov JSC (Russian: Камов) is a Russian rotorcraft manufacturing company based in Lyubertsy, Russia.

The Kamov Design Bureau (design office prefix Ka) has more recently specialised in compact helicopters with coaxial rotors, suitable for naval service and high-speed operations.

History[edit]

Kamov was founded by Nikolai Ilyich Kamov, who started building his first rotary-winged aircraft in 1929, together with N. K. Skrzhinskii. Up to the 1940s, they created many autogyros, including the TsAGI A-7-3, the only armed autogyro to see (limited) combat action.

From 2002 AFK Sistema controlled a 51% stake in the company, with MiG controlling the remaining 49%.[1] Kamov was sold to Oboronprom in 2005.[1]

Kamov merged with Mil and Rostvertol to form Russian Helicopters.[2] The Kamov brand name was retained, though the new company dropped overlapping product lines.

See also[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b "АФК "Система" продает "Камов-Холдинг" Оборонпрому за $11.8 млн". Vedomosti. 7 November 2005. Retrieved 16 December 2017. 
  2. ^ "Kamov Design Bureau". Russianhelicopters.aero. Retrieved 9 April 2017. 

External links[edit]