Kampala Industrial and Business Park
|Kampala Business and Industrial Park|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Kampala Industrial and Business Park (KIBP), also referred to as Kampala Business and Industrial Park or Kampala Industrial Park, is an industrial and business park in Uganda. The park was developed by the Uganda Investment Authority, as a central place where investors can locate factories, warehouses, distribution centers and other business offices.
KIBP is located in Namanve, Kira Municipality, Wakiso District. This location is approximately 15 kilometres (9.3 mi), by road, east of the central business district of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city, on the Kampala-Jinja Highway. The coordinates of Kampala Business and Industrial Park are:0°20'35.0"N, 32°41'55.0"E (Latitude:0.343050; Longitude:32.698600).
The industrial park was created by act of parliament in 1997. An area measuring 894 acres (362 ha), previously occupied by a national eucalyptus forest was de-gazetted for that purpose. Over 200 businesses acquired land and space on concessional terms, to establish their businesses in the new business park. Roofings Limited, a manufacturer of galvanized iron bars, wires and sheets began production in September 2010, at a new factory called Roofings Rolling Mills Limited, located in the business park.
Points of interest
The following businesses are located at Kampala Industrial and Business Park Namanve:
- Roofings Rolling Mills - With its headquarters in Lweeza, Roofings has a plant at Namanve, employing in excess of 2,000 people.
- Hima Cement Limited - With the main factory located in Hima, Uganda's second-largest cement manufacturer maintains a large warehouse and distribution center at this location.
- Export Trading Company
- Kyagalanyi Coffee Limited - A leading coffee processor and exporting company in Uganda, maintaining a warehouse in the business park.
- Victoria Seed Limited
Other nearby businesses
- Namanve Power Station - The 50 megawatt thermal power plant owned and operated by Jacobsen Electro of Norway is located in the Kiwanga neighborhood of the nearby Mukono District.
- Namanve Coca-Cola Factory - Located across the Kampala-Jinja Highway from the industrial park, this soft-drink bottling factory is one of two Coca-Cola bottlers in the country.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Namanve With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Kampala Industrial and Business Park At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Barigaba, Julius (7 June 2014). "Uganda to Tarmac Roads In Business Park". Nairobi: The EastAfrican. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Mwesigye, Shifa (8 September 2010). "Roofings Opens In Namanve". The Observer (Uganda). Kampala. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Profile of KIBP At Ugandainvest.go.ug
- Profile of Namanve Power Station
- "The unending tale of Kampala Industrial and Business Park"