Kampala Protea Hotel
|Kampala Protea Hotel|
4 Elgon Terrace|
|Management||Simba Group of Companies|
|Number of rooms||59|
|Number of suites||11|
|Number of restaurants||1|
The hotel is located on Elgon Terrace, off of Acacia Avenue, on Kololo Hill, in the Kampala Central Division. The coordinates of the hotel are 0°19'43.0"N, 32°35'16.0"E (Latitude:0.328611; Longitude:32.587778).
The establishment, founded in 2007, is a member of the South-African based Protea Hotels Group, owned by the Marriott Hotels chain. In December 2014, the hotel won the award of "Best Luxury City Business Hotel in Uganda" in the World Luxury Hotel Awards contest that year. It had won a similar award in 2013.
- Barigaba, Julius (4 July 2015). "Hotels In Kampala Get Classified, Seven Years On". The EastAfrican. Nairobi. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- Google (4 June 2015). "Location of Kampala Protea Hotel At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- Tentena, Paul (22 December 2014). "Protea Kampala Given Prestigious Award". East African Business Week. Kampala. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- Hospitality News, . (18 November 2013). "Protea Hotel Kampala Named Best Luxury City Hotel In Africa". Bizcommunity.com. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- Odyek, John (23 January 2014). "US Hotel Giant, Marriott, Takes Over Protea Hotel Group". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 4 July 2015.