|Channel KAN 11 |
("KAN 11" כאן 11)
|Launched||15 May 2017|
|Owned by||Israel Broadcasting Corporation|
16:9/4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
1080i HDTV 2160p UHDTV
|Formerly called||Channel 1 (Israel)|
|Sister channel(s)||Makan 33|
|Digital (DVB-T)||Channel 1|
|yes DBS||Channel no. 11|
|AMOS 3||11647V 8518 3/4|
|HOT||Channel no. 11|
KAN 11 (Hebrew: כאן 11 - often referred to as כאן11 and stylized 11|כא) is a state-owned Israeli television channel founded in 2017. It belongs to the Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation. KAN Channel was previously known as First Channel. The channel is one of the television channels in Israel and one of six terrestrial channels in the country (along with Keshet 12, Reshet 13, Channel Ten, Channel 33 and the Knesset Channel). Run by the Israeli Broadcasting Corporation, it started broadcasting on 15 May 2017.
Between June 4 to August 3, 2017, the channel broadcast some of the Israeli Educational Televison's contents.
News & Current Affairs
- Evening News – the Main news program Hosted by Geula Even-Sa'ar (the main newscast is also broadcast every evening in Radio "Kan Bet" and sometimes Geula Even-Sa'ar is replaced by Michal Rabinovich)
- Original five - Hosted by Anat Korol and Dror Feuer
- Economic Six - Hosted by Dov Gilhar (Economic News)
- Seven Current Events - Hosted by Michal Rabinovich and Yoaz Hendel (daily news program)
- "Erev Erev" (Every Evening) - Hosted by Dov Gilhar, Keren Uzan and Rinat Spivak
- Night News - Hosted by Romi Neumark
- Real Time with Assaf Liberman (Investigations)
- Friday at 5pm - Hosted by Uri Levi
- News of the Week (weekly magazine, replacing "Yoman" - The Log)
- Saturday News - the Sunday Evening News Program
- "Ro'im Olam" (Seeing the World) - Hosted by Ya'akov Ahimeir (an international magazine, originally broadcast on IBA's Channel One)
- Culture Club – Culture affairs program Hosted by Shifra Kornfeld and Dafna Lustig
- Carpool Karaoke - Hosted by Nicky Goldstein (based on the segment on The Late Late Show)
- The Container - Hosted by Itai Mautner
- The Chase - Hosted by Ido Rosenblum (based on a British format)
International series that were broadcasting on Channel KAN
Drama and Crime
- Great News, comedy series.
- The Good Place, Comedy Series
Since broadcasting began in 2017 the channel broadcast in HD format and it also can be viewed for free using a DDT converter box. In October 2017, Channel Kan-11 became the first public broadcasting house in Israel to offer 4K broadcasting, the Kan11 4K channel is only broadcasting during the 2018 Fifa World Cup official games.
- "Israel News - The Knesset has approved: Dissolution of Israel Broadcasting Authority". JerusalemOnline. 2014-08-01.
- "Why hasn't Israel done away with the TV licensing fee? - Opinion - Israel News". Haaretz. 2015-03-02.
- "Kahlon reverses course, agrees to delay new Israeli broadcaster - Israel News". Haaretz.com. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
|This Israel-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|