Temple inside Kanakapura Bus Station
|• Total||7.80 km2 (3.01 sq mi)|
|Elevation||637 m (2,090 ft)|
|• Density||6,536.11/km2 (16,928.4/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||08117, index number 75, 275|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-KA|
|Vehicle registration||KA 42|
Kanakapura is a city and the headquarters of Kanakapura Taluk in the Ramanagara district in the state of Karnataka, India. Situated 55 km from the city Bengaluru, this city is famous for the production of silk and granite. It is located among the lush green forests of the state of Karnataka and The town is a tourism hotspot and an often visited tourist favorite in the entire state of Karnataka, as it has something for everyone ranging from avid trekkers to history buffs and wildlife enthusiasts.
Kanakapura is located at  It has an average elevation of 638 metres (2093 feet)..
NH 209 (Bangalore - Coimbatore) passes via Kanakapura.
As of 2001[update] India census, Kanakapura had a population of 47,047. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Kanakapura has an average literacy rate of 76%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 72%, and female literacy is 59%. In Kanakapura, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age. Now Kanakapura is Nagara Sabhe. Kanakapura has 6 Hobli's each located approximately 16.5 from Kanakapura town.
Kannada is the major and official language.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kanakapura
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kanakapura.|
- Official website of Bangalore Rural District
- Official website of Planning Commission of Kanakapura
- Official website of Kanakapura Town
- Official website of Kabbalamma Temple
- Wikipedia of Mekedaatu
- trip advisor for Mekedaatu
Godrej Eternity - One of the luxury and marvelous residential project by Godrej Properties. It is a lush property with a great investments and modern day lifestyle. Project sprawled in total 18 acres of land area.