Kananook railway station
Southbound view in March 2014
|Location||Wells Road, Seaford
|Distance||41.44 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Fare zone||Myki Zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||25 August 1975|
Kananook railway station is located on the Frankston line, in Victoria, Australia. It serves the south-eastern Melbourne suburb of Kananook, and opened on 25 August 1975. It was named after nearby Kananook Creek.
Parts of the station were upgraded in 1991, including the pedestrian overpass and car park. Further upgrades occurred in 2007, as part of the EastLink road project, linking Ringwood to Frankston. The station building was dismantled and replaced with a shelter, and a freeway noise protection wall was constructed.
The old station building was a semi large fibro building at the centre of the station, with two semi-enclosed waiting areas on the platforms, with a disused booking office near the entrance of the station. It also had an ATM, however this was removed due to vandalism, well before the upgrade commenced.
The current Klauer Street overpass, located at the Up end of the station, was provided in 1974, replacing the Wells Road level crossing.
Platforms & services
Ventura Bus Lines operates three routes via Kananook station:
- 778: to Carrum Downs
- 779: Frankston station – Seaford (Belvedere Primary School)
- 832: Frankston station – Carrum Downs
- Kananook Vicsig
- "General News". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. May 1991. p. 146.
- Funds boost for buses, stations The Age 14 October 2004
- "Way & Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. March 1975. p. 57.
- Frankston Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 901 Frankston - Melbourne Airport timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 778 Kananook - Carrum Downs timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 779 Frankston - Belevedere timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 832 Frankston - Carrum Downs timetable Public Transport Victoria
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kananook railway station, Melbourne.|