This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vasilis A. Kanatas (Greek: Βασίλης Κανάτας; born 3 January 1967) is a Greek physicist.
Kanatas was born in Amfissa, part of the Municipality of Delphi. He wrote his dissertation in Astronomy & Uranography, entitled "Concerning Constellations", at the Department of Physics of Patras University.
He is an amateur astronomer and member of the Amateur Astronomy Association "Achyrostrata" (named for an ancient word for our galaxy used by local people), based in the Delphi Municipality.
Vasilis Kanatas is the author of the book Astrology of the 13 Signs of the Zodiac published in May 2011 by Klaudios Ptolemaios Publications. In this he introduces a new, speculative astrological theory which includes Ophiuchus to employ 13 zodiac constellations and proposes the replacement of the ascendant with the place of the Moon on the ecliptic. He also argues that sunspots have an important role in astrology because of their well-documented impact on the Earth and its people. In his book, Kanatas suggested the Greek letter phi (Φ) as the symbol for the sign of Ophiuchus, from the Greek word for Ophiuchus, "ΟΦΙΟΥΧΟΣ"
- Google Books "Astrology of the 13 Signs of the Zodiac"
- National Book Center of Greece http://www.gbip.gr/main.asp?page=showbook&bookid=167889
- National Book Center of Greece http://www.gbip.gr/main.asp?page=showauthor&personsid=95584
- Goodreads.com "Astrology of the 13 Signs of the Zodiac"
- Bookdepository.co.uk http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Astrology-13-SIgns-Zodiac-Vasilis-Kanatas/9789549272512
- Article of the Greek daily newspaper "Espresso" of the 15-10-2011, p. 4 : "Physicist is shaking the waters of Astrology by placing Ophiuchus in the Zodiac Circle. The 12+1 Zodiac Signs Of Astrology"
- Article of the Greek weekly newspaper AXIA of the 25-6-2011: The new book "Astrology of the 13 Signs of the Zodiac: Ophiuchus the New Sign of the Zodiac Circle" is published.
- Article of the Greek daily newspaper "DIMOKRATIA" of the 24-6-2011: Vasilis Kanatas is analysing Astrology of the 13 Zodiac Signs.
- Internet Site of Espresso Newspaper: http://www.espressonews.gr/default.asp?pid=79&la=2&artid=1438274&catid=1
- Internet portal Star.gr http://www.star.gr/civilization/96173/
- Internet portal Protothema.gr http://www.protothema.gr/life-style/politismos/article/?aid=129679
- Vasilis Kanatas: Astrology of the 13 Signs of the Zodiac, Ophiuchus: The new SIgn of the Zodiac Cirle, Klaudios Ptolemaios Publications May 2011 ISBN 978-954-92725-1-2
|This article about a physicist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Greek scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This astrology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|