|• Mayor||Günther Tielebörger (SPD)|
|• Total||26.64 km2 (10.29 sq mi)|
|Elevation||123 m (404 ft)|
|• Density||340/km2 (870/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Kandel is twinned with the small Lancashire town of Whitworth.
Coat of arms meaning
Star: Celestial goodness, noble person, leadership, excellence.
Sword: Justice and military honour.
Sky-Blue (Azure): Truth and loyalty. The following overview contains important personalities with reference to Kandel (Pfalz) ', arranged by honorary citizens, person born in the city, or who have worked in Kandel. The list does not claim to be complete.
- 1980: Maria Wiesheu (Sister Himeria), a member of the Order of the Sisters of the Divine Redeemer, a province of Palatinate, Esthal, a long time active as a nurse in Kandel
- 1991: Oskar Böhm († 2001), 1955-1989 Mayor of the city of Kandel, 1972-1981 Mayor of the Association of Kandel
Sons and daughters of the city
- Franz Michael Leuchsenring (1746-1827), author
- Horst Schütz (born 1951), cyclist
- Ingrid Persohn (born 1952), cyclist and three-time German champion
- Nadine Härdter (born 1981), handball player
- Manuel Hornig (born 1982), soccer player
- Pascal Ackermann (born 1994), cyclist
- Petrissa Solja (born 1994), table tennis player
Persons who have worked on the ground
- Albert Hilger, (1839-1905), completed on the spot starting from 1854 a pharmacist teaching
- "Gemeinden in Deutschland mit Bevölkerung am 31. Dezember 2015" (PDF). Statistisches Bundesamt (in German). 2016.
|This Germersheim district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|