|Elevation||241 m (791 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi Urdu Punjabi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kandhla is located at  It has an average elevation of 241 meters (790 feet). The Postal Code (Zip Code) is 247775. Sunna, Kiwana, aldi panjokhra, gujjarpur, jasala, bharsi, bhabisa, lisarh, hazipur, dangrol and dugadda, ganggeru, 'gadi shyam, are some villages located in its zone. It has a wide range of culture..
Kandhla is situated midway on the State Highway connecting Delhi to Saharanpur via Baghpat Baraut Shamli [DELHI - Baghpat - Baraut - Kandhla - Shamli - Thana Bhawan - Jalalabad - Nanauta - SAHARANPUR ]. The above route is also accessible and connected by Broad Gauge Train Link.
The major Important Towns and Cities in the neighbourhood are
- Delhi 50 miles (80 km), on the South,
- Saharanpur 50 miles (80 km), on the North,
- Muzaffar Nagar 31 Miles (50 km), on the East
- Meerut 50 miles (80 km), on the South East,
- Panipat 22 miles (33 km), on the west,
- Karnal 45 miles (72 km), on the North west
As of 2011[update] India census, The Kandhla Nagar Palika Parishad has population of 46,796 of which 24,535 are males while 22,261 are females as per report released by Census India 2011. Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 7788 which is 16.64% of total population of Kandhla (NPP). In Kandhla Nagar Palika Parishad, Female Sex Ratio is of 907 against state average of 912. Moreover, Child Sex Ratio in Kandhla is around 884 compared to Uttar Pradesh state average of 902. Literacy rate of Kandhla city is 55.43% lower than state average of 67.68%. In Kandhla, Male literacy is around 63.57% while female literacy rate is 46.51%. The town is home to large number of Muslims, [Jains and Vaishs). Neighboring villages of Kandhla are dominated by Jats and gujjars.
The "Laxmi Narayana Mandir" and "Jama Majid" are the two famous places of Kandhla. It is the only town where both "Jama Masjid and Laxmi Narayana mandir" are adjacent to each other.
Ehsan Danish - Well known Urdu poet, born in kandhla.
- Javed Akhtar kandhlavi politician of liberal vision
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kandhla
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.