|Elevation||20 m (70 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Postal Code||742137, 742138, 742139, 742140|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Baharampur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Kandi|
Kandi is located at  It has an average elevation of 20 metres (65 feet)..
Kandi is a small sub-divisional administrative headquarters in the district of Murshidabad, West Bengal.
It is just 30 km drive from the district headquarters of Berhampore. It has a close proximity to two other districts namely Burdwan & Birbhum.
The town is renowned for one of the oldest municipal bodies in India. It has acquired the status of a municipality way back in 1869.
There are many educational establishments in this place.
Kandi Raj College was established in 1950 by the Kandi Raj family at Kandi. Affiliated to the University of Kalyani, it has the following departments:physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science, Bengali, English, Sanskrit, History, geography, political science, philosophy and economics.
Raja Birendra Chandra College was established in 1965 at Kandi. It was earlier known as Kandi Raj College of Commerce. Affiliated to the University of Kalyani, it offers honours courses in Bengali, English, Sanskrit, history, geography and BCom.
Bimal Chandra College of Law was established at Kandi in 2002 with the untiring efforts of Atish Chandra Sinha, a doyen of the Kandi Raj family. It is affiliated with the University of Kalyani and approved by the Bar Council of India.
- Kandi Raj High School(H.S)
- Kandi Raja Manindra Chandra Girls' High School(H.S),
- Jemo N.N High School
- Sri Bishnu High School
- Bahara Adarsha Vidyapith
- Bahara Girls School
- Bagdanga R.S.S Vidyapith(H.S)
- Bagdanga P.C. Girls School
- Chatinakandi Gurupada High School
- Namukandi High School
- Rasorah Ambika High School
- Saraswati Devi Public School.H.S.( C.B.S.E ) New Delhi
The educational revolution of this place started when Kandi Raj High School was established by converting a theater owned by the Zamindars of the Kandi Raj family. This was done on an appeal by Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar, the eminent educationist and social reformer during the renaissance in Bengal.
The Zamindar family, commonly referred to as Rajas have contributed to the spread of education in a commendable way. They also took initiative for female education in and around the Kandi subdivision.
Currently, female education has picked up momentum. There are many educational libraries, sporting clubs in neighbouring villages.
Only one CBSE-Affiliated English medium (+2) level is school is situated near Kandi, named Saraswati Devi Public School. Near about 900 students learning with complete English medium background.But; It can never help students to fight in various competitive exam near future due to the lack of good faculties. In last 4-5 to years a huge number of minority classes people is interested to develop their child from English Medium background. It is very good sign for Kandi sub-division as well as for Murshidabad District. Presently some B.ed, D.ed and Engineering college is also established in Kandi town.
There is a government hospital Kandi Subdivision Hospital in the heart of the town and neighbouring people visit for their medical treatment And also Kandi Animal Hospital in there.
There are in Netaji Subhas Bus Terminal model bus stand route is Baharampur, Suri, Bolpur, Tarapith, Rampurhat, Burdwan, Katwa, Asansol, etc. the N.B.S.T.C bus services are going to Kolkata & Durgapur from via Kandi, & also S.B.S.T.C Bus services Berhampore suri route from via Kandi is available. For local van :Sandipan Chakraborti. 7872368281
There is no railway station. Nearby rail way stations are Salar, Berhampore Court railway station, Sainthia, Khagra etc.
The town is associated with well known personalities including Haraprasad Shastri (linguist, educationist and litterateur), Ramendra Sundar Tribedi(writer), Byomkes Chakrabarti (linguist and educationist), Sarat Chandra Pandit (Dada Thakur) and Atish Chandra Sinha.
Banking & Financial Services
- State Bank Of India, Main Branch
- State Bank Of India, Bus Stand Branch
- State Bank Of India, C.C. Rasorah
- United Bank Of India
- Allahabad Bank, Radhabazar Branch
- Allahabad Bank, Main Road- Beside of LICI Building
- Bank Of Baroda, Khorsa-High Road
- Bank Of India, Petrol Pump-High Road
- Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank, Zemo Branch-School Road
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce, Hospital Road
- IDBI Bank, Hospital Road
- Canada Bank, School Road
- Kandi Co-Operative Credit Society, Girls School More
- Life Insurance Corporation Of India, Main Road Branch
- Axis Bank, Girls School More
- new India Insurance Company Limited, Petrol Pump-High Road.
- K.D.C.M.P.U.Ltd (Amul)
As of 2001[update] India census, Kandi had a population of 50,345. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Kandi has an average literacy rate of 65%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 70%, and female literacy is 60%. In Kandi, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kandi
- "Kandi Raj College". KRC. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Kandi Raj College". College Admission. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Raja Birendra Chandra College". RBCC Kandi. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Bimal Chandra College of Law". BCCL. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Home". www.amuldairy.com. Retrieved 2017-03-17.
- "kandi amul - Google Search". www.google.co.in. Retrieved 2017-03-17.