|Born||Park Heights, Baltimore, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Cooper Union School of Art|
|Occupation||Artist, editor, publisher, writer|
Kandis Williams is an artist, writer, editor, and publisher. Williams has received critical acclaim for her collage art, performance art, and publishing work. Williams, represented by Night Gallery in Los Angeles, lives and works in Los Angeles and Berlin.
Kandis Williams' work often explores contemporary critical theory including, but not limited to, racial-nationalism, authority, and eroticism. In addition to Williams' studio, writing, and publishing practices, Williams is also a visiting faculty member at Cal Arts School of Art.
- Eurydice - 219 Madison - Brooklyn, NY - (2018)
- WOP Works on Paper - Vienna - (2017)
- Soft Colony - Night Gallery - Los Angeles, CA - (2016)
- Disfiguring Traditions - SADE - Los Angeles, CA - (2016)
- Inner States - St. Charles Projects - Baltimore, MD - (2016)
Events, performances, workshops
- A Woman's Work," a PopRally event at MoMA organized by Rachel Kaadzi Ghansah - (2018)
- Human Resources - Los Angeles, CA - (2016)
- The Studio Museum in Harlem, New York
- The Underground Museum, Los Angeles
- Neu West, Berlin
- 68 Projects, Berlin
- The Breeder, Athens
CASSANDRA is a publishing project founded by Williams, Taylor Doran, and Jordan Nassar. Run by Doran and Williams, Cassandra Press produces lo-fi activist and academic texts, flyers, posters, pamphlets and readers.
- "Theory and Experience in the Work of Kandis Williams". Artillery Magazine. 3 January 2018.
- Smith, Roberta; Schwendener, Martha; Heinrich, Will (2017-07-27). "What to See in New York Art Galleries This Week". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-07-02.
- Williams, Maxwell (18 November 2016). "Bearing Wit(h)ness: The Art of Kandis Williams". KCET.
- "Kandis Williams". CalArts School of Art.
- "Kandis Williams - Misogynoir Reader". Printed Matter.
- "Kandis Williams at 219 Madison St. - News - Night Gallery". www.nightgallery.ca. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "Kandis Williams". WORKS ON PAPER. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "Kandis Williams: Soft Colony 👀". Curate LA.
- "3. INNER STATES". www.stcharlesprojects.com. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "PopRally Presents Rachel Kaadzi Ghansah: A Woman's Work | MoMA". The Museum of Modern Art.
- "Affect network territory a performance of syllogisms in motion". humanresourcesla.com. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "Kandis Williams | paralysis II (2014) | Artsy". www.artsy.net.
- "Art & Feminism // 5 Berlin Artists Who Happen to Be Feminists". Berlin Art Link. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "NOTEMPLE | THE BREEDER". Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- Kandis Williams - Contemporary Art Daily
- KANDIS WILLIAMS: YOUNG ARTISTS 2018 - cultured mag
- Like No One's Looking - canadianart
|This artist-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|