Kandrše, Zagorje ob Savi
|Traditional region||Upper Carniola|
|Statistical region||Central Sava|
|Municipality||Zagorje ob Savi|
|• Total||2.86 km2 (1.10 sq mi)|
|Elevation||497.9 m (1,633.5 ft)|
| The statistics on this page are only for the part of the settlement in the Municipality of Zagorje ob Savi|
Kandrše (pronounced [ˈkaːndəɾʃɛ]; German: Kandersche) is a settlement in the Municipality of Zagorje ob Savi in central Slovenia. A small part of the settlement lies in the neighbouring Municipality of Litija. The area is part of the traditional region of Upper Carniola. The major part of the settlement is now included with the rest of the Municipality of Zagorje in the Central Sava Statistical Region.
Kandrše was attested in written sources in 1350 as Kandres (and as Kandes in 1400 and Kannders in 1444). The name is of unclear origin, but is presumably based on a personal name such as Old High German Chunrad or Chuonrad 'Conrad' in the genitive form as part of a compound name: Chunrades-dorf 'Conrad's village' or Chunrades-hof 'Conrad's farm'. In the past the German name was Kandersche.
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Leksikon občin kraljestev in dežel zastopanih v državnem zboru, vol. 6: Kranjsko. 1906. Vienna: C. Kr. Dvorna in Državna Tiskarna, p. 92.
- Zagorje ob Savi municipal site
- Snoj, Marko. 2009. Etimološki slovar slovenskih zemljepisnih imen. Ljubljana: Modrijan and Založba ZRC, p. 184.
- Slovenian Ministry of Culture register of national heritage reference number ešd 2628
|This article about the Municipality of Zagorje ob Savi in Slovenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|