|District||Saraikela Kharsawan district|
|Elevation||226 m (741 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Bengali, Odiya|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||JH 05|
Kandra is a census town in Saraikela Kharsawan district in the Indian state of Jharkhand, though it lies in the Seraikela-Kharsawan district of Jharkhand it is considered as an integral part of the Jamshedpur Metropolitan Region.
Kandra is located at  It has an average elevation of 226 metres (741 feet)..
A view of Kandra Township
As of 2011[update] India census, Kandra had a population of 11,210. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Kandra has an average literacy rate of 61%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 72%, and female literacy is 49%. In Kandra, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Kandra is famous for Manasa Puja, dedicated to the goddess of snakes.
Nilachal Iron and Power Ltd.
Kandra is well connected with all major cities of Jharkhand and other parts of India through national and state highways. The major highways are:
- 4 lane Expressway (Adityapur-Kandra Road) connects Jamshedpur to Barbil via Seraikela, Chaibasa.
- National Highway 32 (NH-32) passes through Kandra connects Jamshedpur to Govindpur via Dhanbad, Purliya, Chandil,
Kandra Junction is a railway junction on the Chakradharpur division, of the South Eastern Railway. Kandra station has about 4 platforms and 2 thorough tracks for non stopping trains. Few of the long distance trains heading to Tatanagar Railway Station stop at platform 3 and 2.
Tata Steel had in proposed to set up a 600-acre (2.4 km2) Greenfield airport on the outskirts of Jamshedpur in Kandra, Adityapur-Seraikela region. In June 2011 Tata Steel and TRIL entered formally into a joint venture for building the airport. The new airport will be of international standard with a 10,000 ft runway, it will have the capacity to allow commercial airliners such as the Airbus A320 to land and take off which was not possible from the present airport. As of December 2012, Land acquisition process has started for the Airport. Out of 528 acres (214 ha) of required land 90% is owned by Govt. whereas rest is private land. The company is at present facing opposition in the acquisition process from the local villagers.
Harish Chandra Vidhya Mandir, Kandra
Harish Chandra Vidhya Mandir , Kandra
Jharkhand Gramin Bank, Kandra.
State Bank of India, Kandra.
Canara Bank, Kandra.
Punjab National Bank, Kandra.
Dena Bank, Kandra.
Bank of India, Kandra.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kandra
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Tata Steel and TRIL inks JV for Jamshedpur airport - 211947". Steelguru.com. 2011-06-29. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
-  Archived 4 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Tatas candid on airport land poser". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India. 2012-08-03.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|