Kandukur, Prakasam district
|• Type||Indian gov.t|
|• Total||71.86 km2 (27.75 sq mi)|
|• Density||810/km2 (2,100/sq mi)|
|• Official Urdu and||Telugu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Telugu is one of the official languages of the state of Andhra Pradesh and is spoken very commonly in Kandukuru.
As of 2017[update] India census, Kandukur had a population of 1,54,000. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Kandukur has an average literacy rate of 63%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 72%, and female literacy is 55%. In Kandukuru, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Kandukuru is an assembly constituency in Praksam District, Andhra Pradesh. There were 1,76,773 registered voters in Kandukuru constituency for the 1999 elections. Kandukuru is part of "Nellore" parliament constituency.
List of Elected Members:
- From 2014 - Pothula Ramarao(ysrcp)
- 2009 and 2014 - Manugunta Maheedhar Reddy (Municipal Minister – 2011)(congress)
- 2004 and 2009 - Manugunta Maheedhar Reddy(congress)
- 1999 and 2004 - Dr. Divi Sivaram(TDP)
- 1994 and 1999 - Dr. Divi Sivaram(TDP)
- 1989 and 1994 - Manugunta Maheedhar Reddy(CONGRESS)
- 1983 and 1985 - Sri Manugunta Adinarayana Reddy(CONGRESS)
- 1978 - 1983 - Divi Kondaiah Chowdary(congress)
- 1972–1978 - Manugunta Adinarayana Reddy(congress)
- 1967–1972 - Nalamothu Chenchurama Naidu(congress)
- 1962–1967 - Nalamothu Chenchurama Naidu(congress)
- 1957–1962 - Divi Kondaiah Chowdary(congress)
The town is very well connected by road to all the major Cities (Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Bengaluru, Chennai) and towns in Andhra Pradesh. The nearest railway stations is Singarayakonda. However the nearest major railway station is Ongole.
Industries In Kandukur
Indian Biomass Briquettes was established in 2013. It is a manufacturing industry to manufacture Briquettes by using agriculture wastage. It is a medium scale Industry and it is located in Kovur Road, Kandukur, Prakasam District.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu. There are two engineering colleges in the vicinity.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Elevation for Kandukuru, Praksam district". Veloroutes. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Prakasam District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 166, 180. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kandukur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- APSRTC Official Website for Online Bus Ticket Booking - APSRTConline.in
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.