From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kanem may refer to:
- Kanem Empire, (ca. 700 - 1376) was located in the present countries of Chad, Nigeria and Libya
- Kanem-Bornu Empire, existed in modern Chad and Nigeria known to Arabian geographers from the 9th century AD onward and lasted as the independent kingdom of Bornu until 1900
- Kanem Prefecture, of former prefectures of Chad
- Kanem Region, a region of Chad created in 2002 from the former Prefecture of Kanem
- Kanem Department, one of three departments which make up the Kanem Region in Chad
- Kanem, a historic Chinese county which is now part of the Dongfang City in Hainan Province, China
|This disambiguation page lists articles about distinct geographical locations with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.