Kangaroo Flat Football Club
|Kangaroo Flat Football Club|
|Full name||Kangaroo Flat Football & Netball Club|
|Premierships||BFL (1) 1996|
|Ground(s)||Dower Park, Kangaroo Flat|
Kangaroos Flat spent much of the 20th century in the Bendigo Football Association and were premiers in 1923, 1926, 1948 and 1955.
They joined the Golden City Football League (GCFL) in 1960 and won a premiership in their first season, with a one-point grand final win over White Hills
The GCFL merged with the BFL before the 1981 season to form the Bendigo-Golden City Football League and Kangaroo Flat were admitted into the second division. They were promoted to the first division in 1982 and the following year the name of the competition was reverted to the Bendigo Football League.
Kangaroos Flat were BFL premiers for the first and only time in 1996 when they defeated Kyneton 18.18.126 to 15.20.110. The club also made the grand final in 2000 but lost to Castlemaine by 12 points, despite having three more scoring shots.
- Phil Carman (Collingwood Best and Fairest winner who was playing coach of Kangaroo Flat in 1985)
- Nathan Chapman (Brisbane Bears, Brisbane Lions & Hawthorn player who was recruited from Kangaroo Flat)
- Graeme Robertson (Carlton & Richmond player who was recruited from Kangaroo Flat)
- Ty Zantuck (Essendon & Richmond defender who played with Kangaroo Flat in 2007)
- "Kangaroo Flat". Full Points Footy.