Location of Kangasniemi in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Pekka Toivonen|
|• Total||1,068.87 km2 (412.69 sq mi)|
|• Land||1,069.87 km2 (413.08 sq mi)|
|• Water||256.86 km2 (99.17 sq mi)|
|Area rank||73rd largest in Finland|
|• Rank||161st largest in Finland|
|• Density||5.27/km2 (13.6/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.9% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||13.3%|
|• 15 to 64||59.6%|
|• 65 or older||27.1%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.5%|
Kangasniemi is a municipality in the province of Eastern Finland and is part of the Southern Savonia region, Finland. The municipality has a population of 5,633 (31 March 2016) and covers an area of 1,068.87 square kilometres (412.69 sq mi) of which 256.86 km2 (99.17 sq mi) is water. The population density is 5.27 inhabitants per square kilometre (13.6/sq mi).
The municipality was founded in 1867.
There are almost 3600 (May 2014) summer houses, and summer guests redouble the number of inhabitants during the summer months.
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Some other lakes are Mallos and Synsiä.
In 1997, Kangasniemi was voted the most beautiful municipality in Finland by television show.
Kangasniemi has large forest resources, approximately 12,000,000 cubic metres (420,000,000 cu ft), and the yearly growth is approximately 500,000 m3 (18,000,000 cu ft).
There is also Puula golf field.
- "Population density by area 1.1.2016". Statistics Finland. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Kangasniemi at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Kangasniemi – Official website
- The Finnish Association for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities Official website
|This Eastern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|