This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mika Naville (CEO)|
|Products||Rebound boots, fitness programs, sport clothing line, DVDs and CDs|
Kangoo Jumps is a rebounding sports brand. It is one of several makers of jump shoes with springs.
Prototypes for spring boots were developed in the 20th century in Eastern Europe. The original purpose for the invention was a recreation device for athletes recovering from leg injuries.
This concept was redesigned in the 1990s by Swiss entrepreneur Denis Naville, who focused on improving comfort, design, and performance. Later a group of fitness programs were created as Kangoo Jumps Fitness Programs.
Naville's first model, KJ-1, was presented at the SISEL Sport Fair in Paris in 1994. Since then, the boots have been developed for use as recreational sport devices, available in both adult and junior sizes (KJ3 Turbo, KJ4 Turbo). New products have also come since then. KJ4TT introduced Twin Turbo in 1998. The first model for children was named KJJ-A Junior in 2001. With the new century, KJ4-XR was presented providing extra rebounding (XR) and several new technologies (2003). A year later, first pro model appeared, intended for proficient athletes and heavy people.
- Running and jogging: Kangoo Jumps were originally developed to reduce the impact stress on joggers' joints. They are advertised as being suitable for the avid jogger, serious runner, or casual health-conscious exerciser.
- Weight loss: The use of Kangoo Jumps is also advertised as a tool for weight loss exercise, offering a biomechanically efficient low-impact environment.
- Rebound exercise: This is advertised as a means of reducing body fat, firming and strengthening muscles, increasing agility, and providing an aerobic workout for the heart. Kangoo Jumps are intended to provide an increased gravitational load on the body, strengthening the musculoskeletal system and protecting the joints from the chronic fatigue associated with exercising on hard surfaces.
- "Best Jumping Shoes and Kangoo Boots For 2017 - TOP 10 Reviews". Trampolinify. 2015-12-05. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- Impact Forces During Running in a Novel Spring Boot by Department of Kinesiology, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- New York Times, 29 Nov. 2012, "Urban Athlete:Putting the Bounce Back in Your Step," https://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/30/nyregion/putting-the-bounce-back-in-your-step.html
- Chiropodist study claim
- NASA Rebounding Study