Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Meaning||Atom, Seed, Piece of Gold|
|Region of origin||India|
|Related names||Kanaka, Kanak, Kamika|
The word Kanika has multiple origins. It may mean one of the following:
- Atom, when derived from Kana(Sanskrit: कण), Sanskrit word for atom.
- Seed, when derived from Kanaka(Hindi: कनक), Hindi word for seed of wheat.
- Gold, when derived from Kanaka(Sanskrit: कणक), Sanskrit word for gold.
Notable people named Kanika
- Kanika Banerjee, (born 1924 – died 2000), Indian Rabindra Sangeet musician and singer.
- Kanika Beckles, (born 1991), Grenadian sprinter
- Kanika Dhillon, Indian novelist and screenplay writer
- Kanika Kapoor, (born 1978), Indian actress and playback singer
- Kanika Maheshwari, (born 1981), Indian television actress
- Kanika Shivpuri, Indian television and film actress
- Kanika Subramaniam or Kaniha or Divya Venkatasubramaniam (born 1982), Indian film actress