|Alma mater||Asian Academy of Film & Television|
|Spouse(s)||Ankur Ghai (2012-present)|
Kanika Maheshwari (born 24 April 1981) is an Indian television actress. She is best known for her roles in serials like Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat, Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai, Viraasat, Geet - Hui Sabse Parayi and Diya Aur Baati Hum. Kanika won Zee Gold Awards (2012-2013) and Star Parivaar Award (2012) for Best Actress in a Negative Role of Meenakshi Vikram Rathi in Diya Aur Baati Hum. She reprised her role of Meenakshi Vikram Rathi in the sequel of Diya Aur Baati Hum, Tu Sooraj, Main Saanjh Piyaji.
Kanica is Indian Television’s actor and has made memorable appearances as varied characters of the years. She was born in Aligarh from where her family moved to New Delhi, she is the only child of her parents. Kanika has always been a family person. After her graduation, she learned the fine art of Vaastu Shastra and Color Therapy before dabbling into acting. At the academy she learned performing arts and experimented her talents, she was encouraged by her teachers and mentors to find her place in Mumbai and create a niche for herself in the industry. Kanica did just that with her streak of award winning roles and shows over the years. Known for her hard work, punctuality and persistence – her cheerful spirit brings new shades to evlays.
Kanica married businessman Ankur Ghai in January 2012.
|Year||Title||Role||Notes, awards and nominations|
|2001–02||Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai||Debut role|
|2002–04||Piya Ka Ghar||Mantrain|||
|2004||Hey...Yehii To Haii Woh!||Shahana|||
|2006||Ek Ladki Anjaani Si|
|2007||Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii||Neelima Garg|||
|Dill Mill Gayye||Maya|
|2008–10||Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat||Princess Bhoomi|
|2009||Shaurya Aur Suhani||Princess Mallika|||
|2011–16||Diya Aur Baati Hum||Meenakshi Rathi||won best actress in negative role(Zee Gold Awards - 2012,13 & Indian Telly Awards 2012)|
|2013||Nach Baliye 6||Contestant with Ankur Ghai|
|2017||Dil Se Dil Tak||Madamji||Cameo|
|Tu Sooraj, Main Saanjh Piyaji||Meenakshi Rathi||Left|
|2019||Boss – Baap of Special Services||Safia||Filming|
For the role of Meenakshi Rathi in Diya Aur Baati Hum, Maheshwari has won following awards.
|2018||SATIA Award||Social Activist & Talented Indian Award||Won|
|2013||Zee Gold Awards||Best Actress in a negative Role||Won|
|2012||Zee Gold Awards||Best Actress in a negative Role||Won|
|2012||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actress in a negative role||Won|
- "Who is kanika Maheshwari?".
- Sinha, Seema (3 June 2012). "Kanika Maheshwari to play a mom". Times of India. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- Maheshwri, Neha (23 November 2011). "Wedding bells for Kanika Maheshwari". Times of India. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- IANS (20 February 2017). "Diya Aur Baati Hum sequel now has a title: Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- Venkatesh, Jyothi (5 April 2009). "Tele Buzz: Being fair". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- Padukone, Chaitanya (29 June 2006). "Smooch queen". DNA India. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Chatter box: New princess in town". Indian Express. 15 June 2009. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji: Oh No! Kanika Maheshwari Quits The Show! - Filmibeat". www.filmibeat.com. Retrieved 15 April 2018.