Kanjirowa National School
|Kanjirowa National Higher Secondary School (KNHSS)|
|Established||1998 (As Kathmandu Don Bosco High School)
2010 (Changed name to Kanjirowa National School)
Kanjirowa National Higher Secondary School (formerly Kathmandu Don Bosco High School) is an independent co-educational institution providing education in a friendly and caring environment. It was established in 1998 A.D by a team of educators and academicians, and has succeeded in maintaining high degree of professionalism and educational standard. It is located at Koteshwor (Near Balkumari Bridge), Kathmandu, Nepal. Kanjirowa National School provides classes from 1 to 10. Kanjirowa National School is recognized for its quality education, institutional growth, innovative teaching methodologies and learner centeredness and enriched extra-curricular activities. The learning processes are perhaps the most distinctive feature at Kanjirowa National School. We aim at making the students autonomous, lifelong learners, excelling academically and in all manners, growing up as healthy and responsible citizens, ready to occupy leadership positions, in the future.
Kathmandu Don Bosco, which has become Kanjirowa National School now, is aware of the importance of ethical values and moral characters for the students that are essential for their successful personal and professional life. Promotion of these values is one of the key responsibilities of Kanjirowa National Higher Secondary School for the production of responsible citizens of the country. The main objective of the program is to develop the overall personality via:
- Strong academic activities.
- Quality to fit in the competitive world of job market.
With the sole purpose of encouraging our students for the sound participation in different curricular and Co-curricular activities, the student- population is divided into four house: MACHHAPUCHHRE, NILGIRI, ANNAPURNA and LANGTANG. Each house has a House Teacher, House Captain and House Vice-Captain.
|MACHHAPUCHHRE||Knowledge knows no political boundary||Red|
|NILGIRI||To serve humanity is to serve god||Blue|
|ANNAPURNA||Man dies but his works are immortal||Yellow|
|LANGTANG||Books are man's greatest friends||Green|
Besides the regular sports, games, martial arts, meditation, yoga, athletics and gymnastics, the following form the school's co-curricular activities :-
- Field Trip, Field Study and Report Writing.
- Camping, Hiking and Trekking.
- Leadership Development through Club Activities (Readers' Club, Eco-Club, Social Service Club, Red Cross, Sports' Club, Prefect Council) and Volunteering in Various Programs.
- Social Service Programs.
- Environmental Awareness Activities.
- Book Reviews, Educational Seminars, Interactions with the Experts of Different Walks of Life.
- Music, Singing and Dance.
- Fine Arts and Craft.
- Science and Mathematics Creativity.
- Creative Expressions.
- Stage Show (drama/dance/Exhibitions).
- Quiz, Debate, Elocution, Extemporaneous Speech, News Reading and Anchoring.