Jogeshwari - Vikhroli Link Road at Kanjur
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kanjur Marg is a suburb in east central Mumbai. Kanjurmarg railway station is the main access point for IIT Bombay, KV Powai, NITIE, Hiranandani Gardens, and other locations in Powai. The station was built in 1968 and named after the local Kanjur village.
Kanjur Marg is fast developing into a business district through some thoughtfully planned corporate campuses like OneWorld and Lodha iThink. But much prior to that the suburb was home to large industrial establishments like Crompton Greaves and The Indian Smelting And Refining Company Limited. The soon to open "The Chedi Mumbai" which is a luxury hotel with 312 luxury guest rooms at the corner of Jogeshwari - Vikhroli Link Road and Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg & also in close proximity to Powai & Bandra-Kurla Complex aims to add to the hospitality market within the area.
Much of the development may be attributed to the suburb's strategic location and its proximity to Powai, the IIT and easy access to the IT hubs of Seepz, Vikhroli IT parks and the IT campuses of Airoli and Mahape. Kanjur Marg is also the starting point for the Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road popularly known as JVLR which connects the Eastern and Western Express Highways. Covering a distance of 10.8 km, it skirts the Powai Lake snaking its way through Andheri East and SEEPZ to reach Western Express highway. On the eastern end, it joins the Eastern Express Highway via a flyover over the Central Railway line. It is one of the major arterial routes that has opened up connectivity between western and eastern Mumbai increasing accessibility to areas like Powai which are not served by trains.
The Great Eastern Shipping Corporation was one of the first investors in the residential properties at Kanjur Marg with the Great Eastern Gardens residential complex. The complex consist mainly of two and three bed apartments within several towers and has been designed by Singapore-based DP architects and also includes a full length swimming pool, an amphitheatre, a skating rink, green lawns, a 6,500-square-foot (600 m2) club house housing a gym, sauna, jacuzzi and a squash court, amongst other facilities.
Gundecha Heights and Altura occupy the spot next to Great Eastern Gardens and boast of similar amenities while offering an unspoiled view of Kanjur Marg and beyond. Gundecha Heights is also home to the exclusive and the only pro-biking shop in Mumbai where one can find high end bikes like the Kawasaki Ninja.
N.G.Royal Park located in Eastern Kanjur Marg is a building complex with luxurious amenities including a swimming pool, club house, gymnasium, landscaped gardens and ample strolling area for its residents. A unique feature of this complex is the naturally available garden of trees and greenery which not only provides the much needed calm and serenity but has virtually made it into a haven for birds.
Naval Dockyard civilian housing colony - One of the oldest housing colonies in Kanjur Marg, the complex of buildings is spread out in a huge area with a generous green cover. Can be rightly called as the green lung of Kanjur Marg. it is the very old residential place in kanjurmarg. It contains some buildings from the time of British rule in India. The complex also houses the temple of Lord Ayyappa. NCH Colony as it is called in short, has more than 200 buildings, housing the people working for Naval Dockyard - Western Naval Command. It has a gym, a huge sports ground, library, swimming pool, shopping complex, 5 schools within its campus, and many more. Its roads are covered with trees on both the sides providing much needed shade and is rightlu called the green zone of Kanjurmarg. All the residents around the NCH colony come to jog or exercise in the many park within its campus.
Suncity is another complex standing tall on quarry land. The towers are named Mars and Neptune and provides one of the finest views of central Mumbai and the creeks. Loaded with the most modern amenities it is strategically located between Powai and Kanjur Marg.
The twin towers of Lodha Aurum aptly named Elitis and Grandis together with Lodha Aurum Grandé- a collection of three 34-storey towers,is located on an extension of the iThink campus close to the rail station with easy access to EE highway.The complex is laced with lifestyle amenities and is geared towards providing an ideal mix of work life balance.
The eastern part of Kanjurmarg is a quiet locality, popular as the Old Kanjurmarg village. Major part of Kanjurmarg east is occupied by Crompton Greaves Limited which stretches up to Bhandup east all along the central railway line connecting Kanjurmarg and Bhandup. Few residential complexes namely Royal NG Park and Parivar society are in Kanjurmarg east. Many new residential complexes by prominent real estate developers are coming up in this part. However, the east part of Kanjurmarg is also close to the new dumping ground. The new dumping ground, located alongside the Eastern Express Highway is exactly opposite to Parivar Society complex and was made operational in 2013.
- St. Francis Xavier High School, Kanjur Marg (East)
- I.E.S.Secondary school,Kanjur Marg(East)
- Kanjur English Medium School, Kanjur Marg (East)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Bhandup, Gandhi Nagar, Kanjur Marg (West)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, IIT Powai, Kanjur Marg (West)
- IIT Campus School, IIT Powai, Kanjur Marg (West)
- Dr Datta Samant Madhyamik Vidyalaya (New English School), Kanjur Marg (West)
- St. Xavier's High School and Junior College, Kanjur Marg (West)
- Dnyandeep Vidyalaya, Kanjur Marg(East)
- Saraswati Vidyalaya, Kanjur Marg(East)
- Jevan Vikas Vidyalaya, Kanjur Marg(East)
- Aadarsh Vidyalaya Marathi Medium Kanjurmarg East (bhandup East)
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Campus Junior College, IIT Powai
- St. Xavier's High School and Junior College, Kanjur Marg (West)
- Karyastambh Social Foundation
- Isha Prem
- Vatsalya Trust
- Vishwas Publications
- Wall STreet boys, N.C.H. Colony
Corporate parks and Industrial Units
- Akruti Oneworld Corporate Park
- Lodha iThink Campus
- Lodha Supremus
- DS Business Galleria
- Crompton greaves
- NITCO Marble Land
- Formac Engineering
- Toyo Engineering
Malls & Restaurants
- Huma Mall
- Home to Hotel Sheetal Samudra known for its fine seafood.
- Home to a very nice open air restaurant Sheesha with nawabi cuisine and hukkas.
- Is a one stop shop for finest Factory outlets.
- Has 6 Screen BIG Cinema Multiplex.
- Home to Hotel Meeting point one of the best restaurants around the area.
- Muthoot Finance known for its Gold Loans, Investments, Gold Coins, Money Transfer, Insurance, Foreign Exchange, Tours & Travels etc.
- Patel Provision Stores, near Parivar Society is a complete store for all household products.
- Gopala Restaurant
- A pure veg restaurant franchise known for its fine Indian cuisine.
- Balaji VadaPav
- The Appetite Momos
Specialized in hot Steam & fried momos served both Veg & Non veg
Cheftoon today is a multi-cuisine kitchen offering take away and delivery service with a menu currently featuring Indian, Tandoor, Chinese, Thai cuisine and snacks like wraps and sandwiches. http://www.cheftoon.com/
- Ankur Hospital, near State Bank Of India, Kanjur Marg East.
- Aniket Hospital, Village Road, Kanjur Marg East.
- Dr Sharma Hospital, opposite Aniket Hospital, Kanjurmarg East.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kanjurmarg.|