|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bolpur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Nanoor|
List of census villages mapped for Kankalitala village panchayat are as follows: Bengutia, Jaljalia, Karpatikuri, Sangri Mahula, Sangri Mahula, Sangri, Rautara, Gopalpur, Kuchli, Dhultikuri, Bagdaura, Bisheghata, Amdahara, Kshudra Amdahara, Patharghata, Kesaradihi, Sitapur, Padmabatipur, Khosh Kadambapur, Uttar Narayanpur, and Layek Bazar
In 2001, population of Kankalitala gram panchayat was 19,229
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, Kankalitala, Kasba, Sarpalehana Albandha, Sian Muluk and Singhee gram panchayats of Bolpur–Sriniketan CD Block will form part of Nanoor (Vidhan Sabha constituency) and Bolpur (Lok Sabha constituency).
The Kankalitala Temple as a Shakti Peeth
The mythology of Daksha yaga and Sati's self immolation is the story of origin behind Shakti Peethas. Shakti Peethas are holy abode of Devi formed due to the falling of body parts of the corpse of Sati Devi, when Shiva carried it and wandered through. There are 51 Shakti Peeth linking to the 51 alphabets in Sanskrit. Each temple has shrines for Shakti and Kalabhairava. The Shakti of the temple is addressed as "Devgarbha" and the Bhairava as "Ruru". It is believed that Sati Devi's bones have fallen here.
- Kankalitala travel guide from Wikivoyage
- "Kankalitala". District Administration. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- "Kankalitala". india9.com. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008" (PDF). West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 2008-03-19. p. 1. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- "Reports of National Panchayat Directory". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Govt. of india. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- "CENSUS DATA District Name :Birbhum(08) Block Name :Bolpur-Sriniketan" (PDF). West Bengal Govt. Retrieved 2009-03-06.[dead link]
- "Press Note, Delimitation Commission" (PDF). Assembly Constituencies in West Bengal. Delimitation Commission. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- (Translator), F. Max Muller (June 1, 2004). The Upanishads, Vol I. Kessinger Publishing, LLC. ISBN 1419186418.
- (Translator), F. Max Muller (July 26, 2004). The Upanishads Part II: The Sacred Books of the East Part Fifteen. Kessinger Publishing, LLC. ISBN 1417930160.
- "Kottiyoor Devaswam Temple Administration Portal". http://kottiyoordevaswom.com/. Kottiyoor Devaswam. Retrieved 20 July 2013.