Kankan De Ohle
|Kankan De Ohle|
|Directed by||Omi Bedi|
|Produced by||Jagdish Gargi|
|Music by||Sapan Jagmohan|
|145 mins. (approx.)|
Kankan De Ohle (Punjabi: ਕਣਕਾਂ ਦੇ ਓਹਲੇ) is a 1971 Punjabi film directed by Omi Bedi, starring Ravinder Kapoor, Indira, Jeevan, Uma Dutt, Mumtaz Begum and others with the guest appearance of Dharmendra and Asha Parekh. Sapan Jagmohan is the music director and the playback singers include Mohammad Rafi, Asha Bhosle, Usha Timothy, Bhupinder and Balbir.
Kankan De Ohle depicts a test of will and honesty of a person, Chaudhary, who takes on an identity of a bandit in order save the marriage of his friend's daughter, and is sent to jail. Taking him to be wrong, the villagers throw out his wife and son, Madan. Madan grows up without knowing his father and becomes the darling of the little village. He determined to free the villagers from an evil money-lender, Ramu Shah, and for this he seeks help from his friend Banta Singh.
|Uma Dutt||Chaudhary Kartar Singh (Madan's father)|
|Mumtaz Begum||Madan's mother|
|Anwar Hussain||Bandit Kartar Singh aka Kartara Daku|
- "Cinema of Punjab". www.enotes.com. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- Kankan De Ohle (1971) on Internet Movie Database
- "Kankan de Ohle". www.locatetv.com. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "KANKAN DE OHLE". www.intelindia.com. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Kankan De Ohle (Punjabi)". www.bollydvd.net. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
|This article about a Punjabi film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|