|• Total||3.37 km2 (1.30 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,300/km2 (11,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Machilipatnam|
Kankipadu is a census town in Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is also the mandal headquarters of Kankipadu mandal in Vijayawada revenue division. The town is located on the banks of the Paleru River which is a tributary of the Krishna River.
Kankipadu is located at  It has an average elevation of 6 metres (22 feet)..
- Total Population: 63,243 in 16,074 Households.
- Male Population: 31,676 and Female Population: 31,567
- Children Under 6-years: 7,166 (Boys - 3,635 and Girls - 3,531)
- Total Literates: 39,781
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "District Census Handbook - Krishna" (PDF). Census of India. p. 17,388. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 506, 529. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kankipadu
- Kankipadu mandal at Our Village India.org
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
|This article about a location in Krishna district is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|