|Founders||Dean Petkanas, Thoma Kikis|
|Headquarters||Doylestown, Pennsylvania And Huntington, New York|
|Total assets||Exclusive License of patent US 6630507|
KannaLife Sciences Inc. is a bio-pharmaceutical and phyto-medical company based in Huntington, NY and Doylestown, Pennsylvania founded by Dean Petkanas and Thoma Kikis. KannaLife was formed in 2010 and is involved in the research and development of novel new therapeutic agents designed to reduce oxidative stress, and act as immuno-modulators and neuroprotectants. It is a portfolio company of Medical Marijuana, Inc..
In 2011, the company was granted an Exclusive License by National Institutes of Health – Office of Technology Transfer (NIH-OTT) for the Commercialization of patent US 6630507 , “Cannabinoids as Antioxidants and Neuroprotectants."
KannaLife is currently conducting research and development at the Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center of Bucks County in Doylestown, PA, for a target drug candidate to treat Hepatic encephalopathy and CTE, an oxidative stress related disease that affects the cognitive and behavioral functions, and the wellness of the brain.
- Guion, Payton (November 12, 2014). "The NFL's Anti-Weed Policy Even Extends to Drugs That Could Prevent Brain Damage". VICE News. Retrieved 2014-12-12.
- Leland, John (October 31, 2014). "For Pot Inc., the Rush to Cash In Is Underway". The New York Times. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "Prospective Grant of Exclusive License: Development of Cannabinoid(s) and Cannabidiol(s) Based Therapeutics To Treat Hepatic Encephalopathy in Humans.". federalregister.gov. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "KannaLife Sciences, Inc. Signs Exclusive License Agreement With National Institutes Of Health Office Of Technology Transfer (NIH-OTT)". thestreet.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "KannaLife in R&D Collaboration for Cannabinoid-Based Drugs". Genengnews.com. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- Mulvihill Moran, Jessica (November 9, 2014). "Medical marijuana company developing drug to protect NFL players’ brains". Fox News. Retrieved 2014-11-09.