Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya
|Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya|
|Tamil||கண்ணா லட்டு தின்ன ஆசையா|
|Directed by||K. S. Manikandan|
|Written by||Santhanam (dialogues)|
|Based on||Indru Poi Naalai Vaa by K. Bhagyaraj|
|Music by||S. Thaman|
|Edited by||G. Ramarao|
Hand Made Films
Sri Thenandal Films
|Distributed by||Red Giant Movies|
|Box office||₹12 Crores|
Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya (English: My Friend/Darling, Would You Like To Eat Laddu?) is a 2013 Indian Tamil romantic comedy film directed by Manikandan. It stars Santhanam, Srinivasan, Sethu and Vishakha Singh. The film marked Santhanam's venture into film production with his Handmade Films. The film was co-produced by Rama Narayanan while S. Thaman scored the film soundtrack. The plot revolves around three friends who fall for the same girl, who has just moved into their neighbourhood.
Kaliyaperumal (Santhanam), Power Kumar (Srinivasan) and Shiva (Sethu) are three friends with no occupation other than getting drunk and chasing girls. A pretty girl named Sowmiya (Vishaka) moves in with her family to the house opposite Shiva. The three friends fall for the girl's beauty and make a gentlemen's agreement to let the girl choose her boyfriend. The three attempt different methods to woo her. Shiva helps Sowmiya's aunt (Kovai Sarala) in household work; Kaliyaperumal joins Sowmiya's uncle (Ganesh) to learn singing; Power joins Sowmiya's father (Shivshankar) to learn Bharatanatyam. One day, when none of her other family members are home, the three eventually profess their love, leaving Sowmiya confused. Following the advice of her neighbour (Devadarshini), Sowmiya reveals to all three that she loves actor Silambarasan, nicknamed Simbu. The neighborhood boys then decide to bring Simbu as a gift for Sowmiya's birthday, but Simbu says he does not know anyone named Sowmiya. They then hire a thug named "Kolaveri" David to kidnap Simbu, but he kidnaps Sowmiya instead when he learns he is supposed to kidnap Simbu. After Simbu refuses to help her, Shiva, KK and Power go and save Sowmiya from David, and she falls in love with Shiva, because Power and KK had earlier beaten Sowmiya's uncle and father severely; they later marry.
- Santhanam as Kaalkattu Kaliyaperumal
- Srinivasan as Power Kumar
- Sethu as Shiva
- Vishakha Singh as Soumya
- VTV Ganesh as Krishnamoorthi
- Kovai Sarala as Sowmiya's aunt
- K. Sivasankar as Sowmiya's father
- Pattimandram Raja as Shiva's father
- Vanitha Krishnachandran as Shiva's mother
- Devadarshini as Shiva and Sowmiya's neighbour
- Ganeshkar as Auto Driver
- Swaminathan as Shiva and Sowmiya's neighbour
- Lollu Sabha Manohar as Ad Film Actor
- Stunt Silva as Kolaveri David
- Silambarasan as himself (special appearance)
- Robert (special appearance in the song "Assaiye Alai Poley")
- Gautham Menon as himself (special appearance)
- Richard Davison as Power Kumar's Father
|Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya|
|Soundtrack album to Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya by S. Thaman|
|Released||10 December 2012|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
An Ak Audio
|S. Thaman chronology|
The music was composed by S. Thaman. The audio was released on 10 December 2012. The notable guests of the audio function were director Shankar, Simbu, actor-producer Udhayanidhi Stalin and director Rajesh to name a few.
|1.||"Aasaiye Alai Poley"||Viveka||Ranjith, Rahul Nambiar||04:42|
|2.||"Love Letter"||Gaana Bala||Mukesh||02:02|
|3.||"Hey Unnathan"||Vaali||Suchitra, Ranjith, Rahul Nambiar, Naveen Madhav||04:13|
|4.||"Birthday"||Vaali||M. L. R. Karthikeyan, Senthil, Sam P.Keerthan||04:29|
|5.||"Duet Song"||Vaali||Muralidhar, Rahul Nambiar, Ranjith (Interlude by Gaana Bala)||04:02|
|6.||"Potti"||Gaana Bala||Gaana Bala||02:55|
Musicperk.com rated the album 7/10 stating, "The composer Thaman has done a credible job to make sure the album’s genre is met with properly".
Prior to its 13 January 2013 release, filmmaker K. Bhagyaraj filed a suit against the film stating that it used the same storyline as his 1981 film Indru Poi Naalai Vaa. He also accused the filmmakers of not acquiring proper permission and falsely claiming to have acquired the rights from his film. It was later announced that the film, upon orders of a high court, would carry an explanatory card in its title sequence, giving credit to both Bhagyaraj and his Indru Poi Naalai Vaa story. The satellite rights of the film were sold to Sun TV.
Vivek Ramz from in.com rated it 3.5 out of 5 and stated that KLTA is a perfect Pongal treat for the family thanks to its clean humour. "Go watch it and have a blast!" N. Venkateswaran from The Times of India also gave it 3.5 out of 5 saying "Manikandan has now carved out a name for himself in the Tamil film industry" Sify also gave it three stars writing, "Gags galore, Laughs. This one’s strictly for Kollywood junkies whose funny bones are easy to tickle", and called the film a "Jolly fun ride". Oneindia.in said "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya is a fun ride."  In contrast, Behindwoods rated the film 2.5 out of 5, but said, "Replete with humor, KLTA offers what it is set out for-gives an unabashed hilarious 140 minutes" and gave the verdict that it was "an enjoyable fun ride for the festive season".
- "Action and romantic films reaped gold for Kannada cinema in 2013". Times of India. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "Action and romantic films reaped gold for Kannada cinema in 2013". ibnlive.com. Retrieved Dec 17, 2013.
- "It's official: Santhanam to eat 'Laddu' with Power Star". IndiaGlitz. 10 July 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Santhanam's new avatar". SuperGoodMovies.com. 10 July 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Kanna Laddu Thinna Asaiya Songs Video Songs 1080p HD Aasaiye Alai Poley Song". Youtube. 13 March 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya Audio Launch". Behindwoods. 2012-12-10. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya | Musicperk". Musicperk. 2012-12-13. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- "KLTA ordered to carry Bhagyaraj in credits!". The Times Of India. 2013-01-12. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- "Santhanam and Bhagyaraj compromise!". Behindwoods. 2013-01-12. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- "Diwali 2013 special programs in tamil TV channels on 02/11/13". Contact Numbers. 29 October 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Tamil review: Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya is the perfect Pongal treat!". In.com. 2012-09-24. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya". The Times of India. 2013-01-17. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
- "Movie Review:Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasiaya". Sify. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- : Ramchander (2013-01-12). "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya Review". Oneindia. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya Movie Review". Behindwoods. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- "KLTA- 2 On the cards?". Sify. Retrieved 2013-01-16.