Type of site
|Internet encyclopedia project|
The Kannada Wikipedia (ಕನ್ನಡ ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯ) is the Kannada language edition of Wikipedia. Started in June 2003, it's moderately active and as of April 2017, it has 21,742 articles with 177 active users. Also, It is the 12th most popular Wikipedia in the Indian subcontinent.
As of August 16, 2009 the Wiki had about 6,800 articles, making it the 100th biggest Wikipedia edition.
As of January 2013, it has 12,961 articles with 93 active users and 2,680 images, making it the 108th Wikipedia by articles count, at that time.
As of January 2016, the Kannada Wikipedia is the tenth largest and thus the smallest Wikipedia among other Indian language Wikipedias. Administrator Omshivaprakash attributes the lack of articles to a lack of interest among the Kannada-speaking community, a lack of awareness of the Kannada Wikipedia and Kannada typing tools, and limited Internet access in parts of Karnataka.
Users and editors
|Number of user accounts||Number of articles||Number of files||Number of administrators|
- Kiran Joseph J K V (October 7, 2014). "Kannada Wiki finds going tough". Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- Wikipedia Event Press Coverage
- Statistics - Wikipedia (Kannada)
- Khajane, Muralidhara (19 January 2016). "Kannada Wikipedia not on top of the charts". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- (Kannada) ಅಂತರ್ಜಾಲದಲ್ಲಿ ನೆಟ್ಟ ಸಸಿಗೆ ಈಗ ಹತ್ತು ವರ್ಷ | - Kannadaprabha.com
- 10 years on, Kannada Wikipedia lags - The Hindu
- The struggles of keeping Kannada Wikipedia afloat - The Hindu
- Statistics for Kannada Wikipedia by Erik Zachte
|Kannada edition of Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia|
|This Wikimedia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|