Kannur railway station
|Railways in Kerala cities|
Kannur railway station, also known as Cannanore, is one of the railway station in Kerala located in the Kannur City which lies in Shoranur–Mangalore section. It is operated by the Southern Railway of the Indian Railways. There are many trains operating towards Southern Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Mumbai and North India. Kannur and Kannur South are two different stations which serves Kannur City.
This Station has Four platforms, namely Platform No.1, 1A, 2 and 3 and two entrances. Another platform and new exclusive entrance is under construction towards east. The Platform number 1 of the Kannur Railway Station is the second longest railway platform in the state of Kerala. There is strong urge from the passengers for extension of various trains and new trains.The trains that could be extended include Matsyagandha Express, Madgaon Intercity Express,Calicut Janshatabdi. It could be achieved by constructing a new pitline and increasing the number of platforms. Kannur-Byndoor passenger can be extended to Bhatkal.
The Kannur Railway Station is one of the few railway stations in Kerala to be selected for Google's plan to deploy WiFi in collaboration with the Union Government of India.
- "Station Re-development Data – Kannur(CAN)". Central Railway Zone – Indian Railways. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- Official Website of the Southern Railway
- Trains at Kannur Railway station
- "Kannur railway station all set for a facelift". The Times of India. 10 June 2016.
- "Kannur railway station to get facelift, new facilities". The Hindu. 12 June 2016.
- "Bansal announces 19 new trains". New Delhi: The Hindu. 15 March 2013. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kannur railway station.|