Location of Kannus in Finland
|• Town manager||Terttu Korte|
|• Total||470.65 km2 (181.72 sq mi)|
|• Land||468.24 km2 (180.79 sq mi)|
|• Water||2.41 km2 (0.93 sq mi)|
|Area rank||184th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||162nd largest in Finland|
|• Density||11.74/km2 (30.4/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||19.6%|
|• 15 to 64||63.3%|
|• 65 or older||17.1%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.5%|
It is situated in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Central Ostrobothnia region. The municipality has a population of 5,499 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 470.65 square kilometres (181.72 sq mi), of which 2.41 km2 (0.93 sq mi) is water. The population density is 11.74 inhabitants per square kilometre (30.4/sq mi). Neighbour municipalities are Kalajoki, Kokkola, Sievi and Toholampi.
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
The landscape is flat, there are many swamps and also river valleys.
Most common soil is till.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Kannus at Wikimedia Commons
- Town of Kannus – official website
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|