|Region||Central Region of Uganda|
|• Member of Parliament||Mariam Najjemba|
|Elevation||1,242 m (4,075 ft)|
|Population (2010 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
The town is on the Buwama-Buwere-Kanoni-Kabulasoke-Sembabule Road. It is approximately 97 kilometres (60 mi), southwest of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. This is approximately 64 kilometres (40 mi), by road, west of Mpigi, the nearest large metropolitan area. The town lies at an average elevation of 1,242 metres (4,075 ft), above sea level. The coordinates of Kanoni are 0°10'30.0"N, 31°54'36.0"E (Latitude:0.1750; Longitude:31.9100).
The exact population of Kanoni is not known, as of December 2010. However, it is estimated that for a radius of 7 kilometres (4.3 mi), from Kanoni, the population totals about 27,200.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- offices of Kanoni Town Council
- headquarters of Gomba District Administration
- Kanoni central market
- Mukiibi, Eriasa S. (25 August 2010). "The Making of A Needy District". The Independent (Uganda). Kampala. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- GFC (10 July 2015). "Road Distance Between Kampala And Kanoni With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- GFC (10 July 2015). "Road Distance Between Mpigi And Kanoni With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- GVI (21 August 2015). "Kanoni, Gomba District: Estimated Terrain Elevation Above Sea Level". Geoview.info (GVI). Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- Google (21 August 2015). "Location of Kanoni at Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- Estimated Population of Kanoni As of December 2010