|Region||Central Region of Uganda|
|• Member of Parliament||Mariam Najjemba|
|Elevation||1,242 m (4,075 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
The town is located in Gomba District, in the Buganda Region of Uganda, approximately 96 kilometres (60 mi), southwest of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The town is located about 61 kilometres (38 mi), by road, west of Mpigi, the nearest large metropolitan area, along the Mpigi–Kabulasoke–Maddu–Sembabule Road. The town lies at an average elevation of 1,242 metres (4,075 ft), above sea level. The coordinates of Kanoni are 0°10'22.0"N, 31°54'21.0"E (Latitude:0.172778; Longitude:31.905833).
During the national population census and household survey, conducted on 27 August 2014, the population of Kanoni was enumerated at 12,439 people.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of town include the tarmacked Mpigi–Kabulasoke–Maddu–Sembabule Road, which passes through town, between Gombe and Kabulasoke.
The offices of Kanoni Town Council and the headquarters of Gomba District Administration are located in the town. A new radio station, (Gomba FM), started broadcasting in 2018, and Mubiru Motel, offers accommodation and meals.
Kanoni has one public health care facility, Kanoni Health Centre III, one pharmacy and a number of drug shops, where those who can afford the cost, can obtain medication for their ailments.
The town is home to several elementary schools, most of them private, and two secondary schools. There are four coffee processing factories in the town and one plastics manufacturing factory, Kanoni Plastic Works Company Limited (not operating a of September 2018).
- Independent Reporter (25 August 2010). "The making of a needy district" (Archived from the Original). The Independent (Uganda). Kampala. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- Globefeed.com (19 September 2018). "Distance between Post Office Building, Kampala Road, Kampala, Uganda and Kanoni-Gomba, Uganda". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- Globefeed.com (19 September 2018). "Distance between Mpigi, Uganda and Kanoni-Gomba, Uganda". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- Geoview.info (21 August 2015). "Kanoni, Gomba District: Estimated Terrain Elevation Above Sea Level". Geoview.info. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- Google (19 September 2018). "Location of Kanoni, Gomba District, Buganda Region, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- Uganda Bureau of Statistics (April 2017). "National Population and Housing Census 2014: Map 3: Distribution of Population by Sub-county; Gomba District, 2014" (PDF). Kampala: Uganda Bureau of Statistics. p. 10. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- Muwulya, Moses (19 September 2018). "Tarmacked road gives Bobi Wine town facelift". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 19 September 2018.