Kanpur Dehat district
|Kanpur Dehat district
कानपुर देहात जनपद
کانپور دیہات ضلع
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Kanpur Dehat district in Uttar Pradesh
|Headquarters||Akbarpur, Kanpur Dehat|
|Tehsils||1. Akbarpur, 2. Bhognipur, 3. Rasulabad, 4. Derapur , 5. Sikandara , 6. Maitha|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||1. Akbarpur, 2. Kannauj 3. Etawah 4. Jalaun|
|• Assembly seats||1. Rasulabad 2. Akbarpur-Raniya, 3. Sikandra and 4. Bhognipur|
|• Total||3,021 km2 (1,166 sq mi)|
- 1 History
- 2 Tehsils in Kanpur Dehat district
- 3 Political Representatives
- 4 Transport
- 5 Notable Personalities
- 6 Historical Places
- 7 Religious Places
- 8 Educational Institutions
- 9 Demographics
- 10 Kos Minars
- 11 International airport proposal
- 12 Gallery
- 13 References
Kanpur District was divided into two districts, namely Kanpur Nagar and Kanpur Dehat in year 1977. The two were reunited again in 1979 and again separated in 1981. Uttar Pradesh government decided to rename Kanpur Dehat district as Ramabai Nagar district on 1 July 2010. In July 2012, it was returned to Kanpur Dehat.
Tehsils in Kanpur Dehat district
|Kanpur Graduate Constituency||Arun Pathak||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Akbarpur-Raniya||Pratibha Shukla||Bhartiya Janta Party|
|Bhognipur||Vinod Kumar Katiyar||Bhartiya Janta Party|
|Sikandra||Mathurra Prasad Pal||Bhartiya Janta Party|
|Rasulabad||Nirmala Sankhwar||Bhartiya Janta Party|
|Akbarpur||Devendra Singh Bhole||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Kannauj||Dimple Yadav||Samajwadi Party|
|Etawah||Ashok Kumar Doharey||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Jalaun||Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma||Bharatiya Janata Party|
The district is well connected by railways. Three rail tracks run through Kanpur Dehat district. The railway route connecting Delhi to Hawrah belonging to North Central zone of Indian Railways is passing through centre of the district. This railway track is broad gauge and fully electrified. The railway stations on this route through the district are Bhaupur, Maitha, Roshan Mau Halt, Rura, Ambiyapur, Jhinjhak and Parjani Halt. Rura Railway Station is the main railway Station of Kanpur Dehat District.
The second track is Kanpur to Jhansi railway line. The railway stations on this route are Binaur, Rasulpur Gogumau, Tilaunchi, Paman, Lalpur, Malasa, Pukhrayan and Chaunrah. This broad gauge railway track is electrified also belongs to North Central zone.
The third railway line converted to broad gauge belongs to North Eastern Railway zone. The track runs parallel to the Ganges river. This track is also electrified.
- Shukla Talab (Akbarpur) 
- Waneshwar Mahadev Temple:Banipara
- Kapalehwar Temple:Derapur
- Parhul Devi Temple:near Rura
- Mukta Devi Temple:near Musanagar
- Katyani Devi (Kathari Devi) Temple: 6 km towards south of village Shahjahanpur in uneven land
- Durvasa Rishi Ashram :In Nigohi village on the bank of river Sengur near Baraur
- Jageshwar Temple:Shivli
- Dharma Garh Baba Temple:Rasulabad, Kanpur Dehat 
- RSGU Post Graduate College Pukhrayan
- Akbarpur Degree College Akbarpur Kanpur Dehat
- Govt.Degree College,Akbarpur,Kanpur Dehat
- R P S Inter College, Rura
- RSGU Inter College Pukhrayan
- Akbarpur Inter College Akbarpur
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Mati
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Kanpur Dehat
- Galuapur Inter College Galuapur
- Patel Vidyapeeth Inter College Baraur
- Gram Vikas Inter College Budhauli
- Shri Gandhi Inter College Jhinjhak
- C.D.Girls Inter College Rura
- Government Girls Inter College Pukhrayan
- ASDC Inter College Rasulabad
- Tarachand Inter College Sheoli
- Saraswati Vidya Mandir Inter College Sikandara
- Shri Ayoddhya Singh Sarvjanik Inter College Kashipur
- Shri Ram Ratan Girls Inter College Jhinjhak
- Jageshwar Prasad Inter College Kathara-Rasulabad
- Bal Govind Sarvjanik Inter College Prayagpur-Khanpur
- Nonapur Inter College Nonapur
- Kanchan Singh Bhooli Devi Degree College, Sarvankhara.
- Shivvati Shivnandan Shukla Mahavidalya, Pukhrayan.
- Sarla Dwivedi Mahavidyalaya, Akbarpur.
- Darsan Singh Smrati Mahavidlay, Kanchosi Bajar
- Pt.Kundan Lal Shukla Mahavidyalaya,Prasiddhpur,Raniya.
- Gurha Devi Shyam Bihari Mahavidyalaya, Derapur
- Mayank Shekhar Mahavidyalaya,Kourawa
- Pt.O.P.Sharma Degree College Rura
- Janka Devi Degree College Rura
- Vivekanand Rastriy Inter College Pukhrayan
- Devi Sahay Inter college Derapur
- Gandhi Inter College Nonari
- Janta Inter College Asalatganj
- Gandhi Faze A Aam Tech. Inter College Asalatganj
- Shri Malveey Inter College Mugisapur
- Janta Inter College Gaurikaran
- Janta Inter College Ramau
- Janta Audyogik Inter College Sherpur Guda
- Nehru Smarak Inter College Shahjahanpur
- Patel Inter College Shekhpur,Bhognipur
- CPKU Inter College Musanagar
- Dayanand Gram Audyogik Inter College Barhapur
- Shri Ram Ratan Audyogik Krishi Inter College Jhinjhak
- Jankalyan Inter College Ursan
- Shri Ram Ratan College Kanchausi-Bazar
- Shri Shive Sahay Inter College Kauru Farhadpur
- Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Inter College Rajpur
- Pataleshwar Inter College Dohrapur
- Rashtriya Sarvjanik Inter College Bhikhnapur
- Nehru Inter College Gajner
- UN Singh Inter College Jindaura
- Baghpur Inter College Baghpur
- Ramakant Sundar Lal Inter College Gahlon
- Shri Krishnayurvedic Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya Musanagar
- Shri VMS Inter College Katethi
- Akbarpur Girls Inter College Akbarpur
- Shri Krishna Audyogik Inter College Mohammadpur
- Babu Dashrath Singh Inter College Aurangabad
- Adarsh Kisan Inter College Hasemau
- Janta Inter College Umarpur
- Bhewan Inter College Bhewan
- Shri Gandhi Balika Vidyalay Inter College Jhinjhak
- Shri Nehru Inter College Rasdhan
- Shri Ram Janki Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya Gauriyapur
- Adarsh Janta Inter College Dobha
- Shri Brij Bihari Mehrotra Inter College Amraudha
- CPKU Inter College Musanagar
- Shri Shankar Inter College Sujaur
- Kshetriy Inter College Fatehpur Roshnayi
- Jantantra Inter College Saintha
- Pt.Triyugi Narayan Mahavidyalaya Mangalpur
- Janta High School Maitha Railway Station
- Ma annapurna janta inter college, Kandhi,Kanpur Dehat
- Lt.Col. Shiv Nath Singh Inter College (K.V.I.C.), Ranjeetpur, Bhaupur
According to the 2011 census Kanpur Dehat district has a population of 1,795,092, roughly equal to the nation of The Gambia or the US state of Nebraska. This gives it a ranking of 268th in India (out of a total of 640 districts). The district has a population density of 594 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,540/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 14.82%. Kanpur Dehat has a sex ratio of 862 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 77.52%.
Since the Mughal road passes through Kanpur Dehat district, there are many Kos Minar (mile pillars) in the district. Some of them are protected monuments, notable ones are at Bhognipur, Chapar Ghata, Deosar, Gaur, Halia, Jallapur Sikandara, Pailwaru, Pitampur, Raigawan, Rajpur, Sankhiln Buzurg, Sardarpur.
International airport proposal
An international airport named Captain Lakshmi Sehgal International Airport in the memory of late Azad Hind Fauj member Captain Lakshmi Sehgal was proposed in 2015 to be constructed at in Kanpur Dehat district about 50 km from Kanpur. The airport will serve the region from Agra division, Jhansi division, Kanpur division, Aligarh division, Allahabad division, Banda division and Lucknow division. It would have direct link road with Agra Lucknow Expressway.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- "Kanpur Dehat". District administration. Retrieved 2010-08-18.
- "भाजपा के अरुण पाठक ने तोड़ी स्वरूप परिवार की विरासत" [BJP's Arun Pathak ends the dynasty of Swaroop Faimly] (in Hindi). Dainik Jagran. Retrieved 1 January 2017.
- "STATISTICAL REPORT ON GENERAL ELECTION, 2012 TO THE LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY OF UTTAR PRADESH" (PDF). Election Commission of India. Retrieved 1 January 2017.
- "Sixteenth Lok Sabha". Lok Sabha. Retrieved 1 January 2017.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Gambia, The 1,797,860 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.