Kanrocksas Music Festival
This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (September 2011)
|Kanrocksas Music Festival|
|Begins||June 28, 2013|
|Ends||June 29, 2013|
|Location(s)||Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas (2011, 2013)|
Kanrocksas was a music festival that took place between August 5 and 6, 2011 in Kansas City, Kansas. The festival was originally planned to be an annual event in the likes of other Midwestern music festivals such as Lollapalooza and the Wakarusa Music and Camping Festival. Its inaugural event took place at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas and featured nationally acclaimed musicians and bands. The two-day event featured free camping, free parking, and no service fees for concert-goers. Due to construction projects in the summer of 2012 preventing the festival from taking place at Kansas Speedway again, festival planners opted not to hold the event in 2012 in order to focus on bringing the event back to the Speedway in 2013.
On September 14, 2012 dates were announced for Kanrocksas to return June 28–29, 2013 at the Kansas Speedway. On May 28, 2013 the event was cancelled due to low ticket sales. The event did not return in 2014.
(Artists listed from earliest to latest set times)
Friday, August 5, 2011:
- Main Stage: Soul Rebel & The Beast, Fitz & The Tantrums, Arctic Monkeys, Kid Cudi, Bassnectar, Eminem
- Stageasaurus Rex: UME, D12, Doomtree, Primus, The Flaming Lips
- Critical Mass Tent: R/D, Paper Diamond, 12th Planet, Treasure Fingers, Major Lazer, Kaskade
- Ad Astra Stage: The Joy Formidable, Jack's Mannequin, Ellie Goulding, Ween
Saturday, August 6, 2011:
- Main Stage: Hearts of Darkness, Gardens and Villa, DJ Soap, Girl Talk, Muse
- Stageasaurus Rex: Best Coast, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Flogging Molly, The Black Keys
- Critical Mass Tent: Kerli, Bag Raiders, Krafty Kuts, Tinie Tempah, John Digweed, STS9
- Ad Astra Stage: Rival Sons, The Black Angels, OK Go, Cage the Elephant, A Perfect Circle
- Campground Stage: The Dead Girls, The Beautiful Bodies, DJ Kittie, DJ Cynsere, G-Train, Approach
The total attendance of the event was 60,000 people.
Kanrocksas 2013 was to be held on June 28 and 29 with a lineup that would have included:
Tiesto, fun., Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Pretty Lights, Passion Pit, MGMT, Kendrick Lamar, Sublime with Rome, The Avett Brothers, Miguel, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Imagine Dragons, She & Him, Empire of the Sun, Zeds Dead, Descendents, Baauer, Madeon, Grouplove, Rusko, Dropkick Murphys, Machine Gun Kelly, Crookers, Son Volt, T-Pain, A-Trak, Grimes, Borgore, Yeasayer, ZZ Ward, Flosstradamus, Trinidad Jame$, Danny Brown, Hopsin, Mimosa, Action Bronson, Tommy Trash, Mord Fustang, Clockwork, Killer Mike, The Polyphonic Spree, Delta Rae, Savoy, Three Loco, Congorock, The Knocks, Destructo, Manufactured Superstars, Twenty One Pilots, Capital Cities, Blondfire, Churchill, Camera Obscura, Lowriderz, Anna Lunoe, Family of the Year, Aer, Air Dubai, Caitlin Rose, Empires, Langhorne Slim, The Floozies, The Beautiful Bodies, Jantsen, Maximum Hedrum, The Bingo Players
The event was canceled on May 28, 2013, citing insufficient ticket sales.
- Finn, Timothy. "Kanrocksas Music Festival canceled". The Kansas City Star. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- Melissa Treolo (August 11, 2011). "First Kanrocksas won't be last, organizers say". Tonganoxie Mirror. Retrieved September 15, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kanrocksas Music Festival.|