Community post office
Location of Kansas, Ohio
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Kansas is a census-designated place in northwestern Liberty Township, Seneca County, Ohio, United States. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 44841. It is located along State Route 635.
Kansas was platted in early 1855 along a line of the Lake Erie and Louisville Railroad. The community took its name from the Kansas Territory. A short distance south of the community on State Route 635 is the Michaels Farm, which has been named a historic site.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Kansas, Ohio
- Zip Code Lookup
- DeLorme. Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 7th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, 37. ISBN 0-89933-281-1.
- Lang, William (1880). History of Seneca County, from the Close of the Revolutionary War to July, 1880. Springfield, Ohio: Transcript Printing Company. p. 550.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 67.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|This Seneca County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|